Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a push to start for my 09 GT from AM, the provided instructions specified a green and white wire, neither of which so I have. Anyone run into this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ford has been known to be inconsistent with their wiring colors. I think some '09 model year cars:

1. Use a BLUE/WHITE STRIPE wire in place of the GREEN.
2. Use a LIGHT GRAY/PURPLE STRIPE wire in place of the WHITE/YELLOW STRIPE wire.

Not sure this applies in your case but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry I didn't remember the color thing bro, but don't be like me and cut them both. You only have to cut one (I think the blue/white one) if you want it button start only.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm no mechanic but how difficult is this push button to install and is anyone happy/ disappointed with it
-hubbs

·
Registered
359 Posts
The hardest part is taking out the parts of the dash and center console. I love my button start and even with a trip to the autoparts store for a wire terminal to fix my excessive cutting it took about an hour. I also recommend leaving your power outlet zip tied behind the dash so you can use it for a GPS or something if needed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good to know!! Thanks. How would u access the outlet if its in ur dash? R u saying in case u switch back to it? I'm confused Haha

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well, if you're the type to use the GPS I'd run the power supply from back there along behind the face of the dash and have it come out as close to where you mount your gps as possible. If my wife didn't so desperately need mine all the time I'd have it run up the front driver side column and tuck it in the ceiling as much as possible since I prefer it next to my rear view.... That and it's a long cable so why not use it all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My car came with one when I bought it.

The only negative is that if I turn the key and wait to long before pressing the start button I get the oil pressure warning.
Well that and the fact you still need the key.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My car came with one when I bought it.

The only negative is that if I turn the key and wait to long before pressing the start button I get the oil pressure warning.
Well that and the fact you still need the key.
Yeah that is kind of a bummer still needing the key. I initially hoped itd be like my previous car and the keys never leave my pocket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts