Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get roller rocker arms with 1.7 lift will I have to get different length pushrods? I was looking to get the Ford Racing Cobra rocker arms.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
no, you should be able to use your stock push rods. What's your stock rocker arm ratio: I believe it's 1.6:1. It's just like our V6's we can use 1.73:1 or 1.8: rockers and the same pushrods. The bigger ratio just gives you a little more lift.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea you can probably run the stockers... but it may be good to replace em while you are at it...

·
Registered
583 Posts
1.5!?!? didn't know they're was such a demon, yeah, depending on brand you might or might not have to change pushrods, FRPP's uses the same as stock, and they are decent roller rockers, just get ready to do some grinding on the vavle covers, and it wouldn't hurt to check piston to valve clearence, nore check valve train geometry while your at it...

google (correct valve train geometry) get ready to have some fun :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
check your rocker geometry!! any changes will affect this including simply adding screw in studs ,guideplates, and 1.6 rockers.
check for proper clearance between rocker and retainer, rocker and base of screw in stud, and contact pattern on the valve face.
Dont resort on asking others to guess your setup- a simple valve job, or different head gasket can even mess things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts