Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Sr performance Cai put on lastnight.when I started my car it sounded great.I went to leave and my car started to choke like it Wasent getting fuel.I turned around and by the time I got it back in the drive way it died.now it won't start.it turns over just won't start.it drove perfect lastnight and now this.my buddy told me its probably my fuel pump.could it be something to do with resetting my computer?? Or the theft system??? Any help would be much appreciated.can't go another day without the stang.....

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Yes,its pushed all the way in.
no not the harness...the maf wire...it's in the housing. it's a tiny wire that the air flows over. if you break it (which isn't hard) you're car can either not start right...run rough...do some crazy things lol. when i broke the maf on my f150 when installing my CAI it made my truck rocket at the slightest touch of the pedal..and die at idle

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Probably messed up Mass Air flow sensor , or something got in it.

Repeat your steps and inspect everything

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no not the harness...the maf wire...it's in the housing. it's a tiny wire that the air flows over. if you break it (which isn't hard) you're car can either not start right...run rough...do some crazy things lol. when i broke the maf on my f150 when installing my CAI it made my truck rocket at the slightest touch of the pedal..and die at idle
When I checked it looked allright...but the first time I seen the mag wire was after the install was over.I'm not very mechanically inclined but it didn't look broke.but I will double check

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Pull the maf out..grab some CRC Mass Airflow Sensor cleaner at most auto parts store, spray it down, let it dry, throw it back in, if probl persists grab a new maf

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
If you tripped the anti theft i believe a dealer has to reset it...not 100% on it

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Check the filter maybe it fell of because the clamp was loose
if that was the case he'd smell gas when the pump goes to prime as it floods out under the car...but his car is by now on a rack at the dealer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts