Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible?
I've had this foxbody roller for quite some time, it's an 1987 LX, and my mechanic and I are gonna trade my 302 and a tranny for a 4.6 out of a Mk. VIII. It's like a cobra engine?
Anyways, do you guys have any idea on if I can use a mini brake booster with it? My friend brought it up, but all I can find online are the use of hydro brakes/manual brakes.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Is this possible?
I've had this foxbody roller for quite some time, it's an 1987 LX, and my mechanic and I are gonna trade my 302 and a tranny for a 4.6 out of a Mk. VIII. It's like a cobra engine?
Anyways, do you guys have any idea on if I can use a mini brake booster with it? My friend brought it up, but all I can find online are the use of hydro brakes/manual brakes.
Yes it is possible, but it's going to be expensive and IMO not worth the effort and expense. Don't get me wrong the mods are great engines, but a lot more costly and complicated to work on. I would keep what you have myself.

You probably will need a mini brake booster or convert to the hydro brakes as the mod engine is much wider than the 5.0.
That's probably something you would have to measure for after the engine is in place to see if adequate room is available.

Your best bet is to go to the mod engine forums here and talk to some of those guys. I know there are several who are very knowledgeable about them and I bet they can better help you with any questions you have about them. :good:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man. It's really gonna be money either way I go, it seems that I keep getting myself into situations where my wallet empties itself, haha.

·
Registered
142 Posts
LaseRedXD said:
Is this possible?
Mark 8 has Tecsid block that is capable to handling from 900 - 1200 hp depending on your configuration. IMO is a good choice but required a lot of work to the installation. Yes, is basically the same engine on 96 - 98 Cobras.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was thinking of doing a carb 4.6 swap in my 67. It has a 200ci now but I think the swap would be fairly easy and cool.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Don't want to steal LaseRedXD's topic I just was thinking of doing a similar swap. But I have a sohc with around 9k waiting to go into something.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Don't want to steal LaseRedXD's topic I just was thinking of doing a similar swap. But I have a sohc with around 9k waiting to go into something.
:cool: Just start your own thread and the guys will help you out with it. Probably best to choose the year range forum your engine is in. :good:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts