Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time on a newer car and wanted some tips from some of you with Experience in doing this. I don't want to damage any thing shoot at me with any thing also I am putt on a Mac off road h pipe the headers are Mac also if that helped at all. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
I did this once, biggest issue is the passenger side has no room to work. I couldn't get the EGR tube loose and ended up capping it of on the intake and header. This will give you a CEL once you start driving. A tune will fix that. I'd advise soaking it ahead of time, also I worked on mine 4 hours one day and 4 hours the next. I was working alone and zero exp

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
You'll need some extensions to reach the header to H-Pipe bolts, your going to want to soak those ahead of time if you can. Also new header bolts with the lock rings is recommended, I didn't have the lock rings and used blue loc-Tite instead and never had the backing out issue, I also checked the bolts once a day for a week. Header bolts are notorious for backing out.

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
The headers and h pipe I got off of craigslist every thing that was on his stang is there but lock tite we have plenty of from my dads camaro swap
Sweet! Sounds like your ready to roll! If I missed something maybe someone will chime in.. It's been almost 10 years since I put some on my old 95 GT

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm referring to the header to head bolts, but sometimes the header to H-Pipe bolts need re-tightening as well
I did with my headers, after a head swap, an exhaust leak it drove me crazy cause I thought it was Valvetrain noise, just retorqued them and haven't had an issue in months. After you get the new headers on let it heat and cool a few times then check torque on them enjoy your new sound!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did with my headers, after a head swap, an exhaust leak it drove me crazy cause I thought it was Valvetrain noise, just retorqued them and haven't had an issue in months. After you get the new headers on let it heat and cool a few times then check torque on them enjoy your new sound!
And there done video link soon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts