Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got them today and my Shelby has turned into a monster. It's so deep and throaty and for the price was amazing

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't finish my post lol! I was wondering if anyone knew the power gains/loss with this ad on? And vid is coming, although it won't do any justice to the real sound

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
Since its just an axleback i wouldn't really expect much of a gain, maybe 1 or 2 horsepower tops.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok update after a few days of driving with it, I'm a young guy so I love the noise, Shelby had picked up some real attitude now. I haven't had much issue with a drone either. The one thing I do miss is that it is so loud I can't hear the whine of my sc. I love that sounds so it may be a draw back. Ooooor just means I need a bigger sc!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ok update after a few days of driving with it, I'm a young guy so I love the noise, Shelby had picked up some real attitude now. I haven't had much issue with a drone either. The one thing I do miss is that it is so loud I can't hear the whine of my sc. I love that sounds so it may be a draw back. Ooooor just means I need a bigger sc!
I know that feeling. I had SLP's on my Shelby. On the 3rd day I couldn't take it anymore so I threw my flowmasters super 40s back on so I can here my supercharger. Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Pype Bombs on mine also. The sound is awesome. I also have a friend who had his 07 GT500 dyno'd pre and post installation and he told me it gave him about 8hp. Not really enough to notice. I also didnt get the black because it will get scratched and show very visibly. If not for that the black would have been perfect for my Alloy Metallic paint which under some light looks black anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I've got SLP's, I love them. I feel like I have the whole package with both sounds (exhaust, sc). I can hear both pretty good. It gives me the movie feel when I get in it hard. Love the forum. What is the best aftermarket upgrade anybody has done to their car for the best price?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I think I was a bit hasty to write my review. I'm starting to love it. I make everything on the road sound like a Prius. Had a Ferrari F430 pull up next to me and he started revving and thought he was bad and then I hit it and he looked like he wanted to cry. To best describe the sound it's like a NASCAR honestly it's pretty damn good.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice. I have super 40s flowmasters on my 07 GT500. Sounds fine until I get on it. It has like a can like noise. I want to buy some Ford Racing KR exhaust. Have u guys heard the KR exhaust before?

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Nice. I have super 40s flowmasters on my 07 GT500. Sounds fine until I get on it. It has like a can like noise. I want to buy some Ford Racing KR exhaust. Have u guys heard the KR exhaust before?
I haven't. I'm sure there is probably a video on YouTube. I know it is different actually hearing it but it might give some idea as to how it would sound. I eventually would like to go with long tube headers, shorty x-pipe and keep my SLP's.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I have done a few things to mine since I've had it. Ford racing shifter, jlt cai, Bama tune, SLP's, a little tint, louvers, sequentials, 3rd brake light cover. And a few more things. I thought my 97 cobra was expensive to put aftermarket parts on lol. Will somebody please talk my wife into wheels? I would settle for 2010 gt500's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got them on my 2009. I'm not real crazy about them though. Sounds good at low RPMs, but not smooth enough when you get into it. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I sound like an old pickup with cherry bombs. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts