Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know another exhaust thread :) lol, so for Christmas I wanna go loud, and I mean loud, I was gonna go with just a simple SLP LM1 catback exhaust but after watching many videos on it I think I want a bit louder, so my budget is about 500-600$ for Christmas..I found this http://www.americanmuscle.com/beast-9904gt.html and that's perfect in my price range and sounds superrrrrr loud, does anyone have any suggestions maybe in going another route than the pypes combo? I do have bad baffles in my FM mufflers so they can't stay..like I said about 500-600$ budget, what you guys think? And if the pypes the beast is the best to go does anyone know where I can find the combo kit in stock? Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
NJstanger said:
I know I know another exhaust thread :) lol, so for Christmas I wanna go loud, and I mean loud, I was gonna go with just a simple SLP LM1 catback exhaust but after watching many videos on it I think I want a bit louder, so my budget is about 500-600$ for Christmas..I found this http://www.americanmuscle.com/beast-9904gt.html and that's perfect in my price range and sounds superrrrrr loud, does anyone have any suggestions maybe in going another route than the pypes combo? I do have bad baffles in my FM mufflers so they can't stay..like I said about 500-600$ budget, what you guys think? And if the pypes the beast is the best to go does anyone know where I can find the combo kit in stock? Thanks guys
I think loudmouths are just about as loud as it gets with a catback. it's literally just a hallow pipe that says slp. But if u wanna go louder than lm1's I'd recommend open headers

·
Registered
598 Posts
If youre gonna get a mid pipe too. Get lm1 and o/r x. It will be louder than sh!t. Hopefully your neighbors dont mind loud a$$ exhuast. EVERYONE can hear you. That's about as loud as it gets unless u have lts or straight pipes. Keep in mind lm1 are practically straight pipes. Also upr I believe has a good deal on o/r x pipes. Should be able to get it all for around ur $600 budget.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I also have SLP LM1 and in the range for a midpipe. Don't have the money for $700-800 X pipe magnaflow, how obnoxious would a magnaflow try x-pipe be? It's off road no wonder why it's cheaper lol

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I know I know another exhaust thread :) lol, so for Christmas I wanna go loud, and I mean loud, I was gonna go with just a simple SLP LM1 catback exhaust but after watching many videos on it I think I want a bit louder, so my budget is about 500-600$ for Christmas..I found this Pypes THE BEAST Exhaust System (99-04 Mustang GT) SFM27B - Free Shipping! and that's perfect in my price range and sounds superrrrrr loud, does anyone have any suggestions maybe in going another route than the pypes combo? I do have bad baffles in my FM mufflers so they can't stay..like I said about 500-600$ budget, what you guys think? And if the pypes the beast is the best to go does anyone know where I can find the combo kit in stock? Thanks guys
NJStanger,

I agree with what everyone's saying above. The Pypes exhaust is definitely loud and sounds great. However the SLP LM1 is about as loud as it gets for a Catback, it would be a close comparison though!

Your best bet would be to get an O/R X-pipe and SLP LM1 and you'll be incredibly loud!

I hope this helps. Let me know what I can do for you!

-Dan

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
NJStanger,

I agree with what everyone's saying above. The Pypes exhaust is definitely loud and sounds great. However the SLP LM1 is about as loud as it gets for a Catback, it would be a close comparison though!

Your best bet would be to get an O/R X-pipe and SLP LM1 and you'll be incredibly loud!

I hope this helps. Let me know what I can do for you!

-Dan
+1

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here's my two cents the LM1 are too much and sound is not that great, however I have to say besides the s-type I absolutely love the beast set up that AM sells. I know that's what I'm getting for sure! Screw the LM1 set up its not that great.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Mathew r Wright said:
Here's my two cents the LM1 are too much and sound is not that great, however I have to say besides the s-type I absolutely love the beast set up that AM sells. I know that's what I'm getting for sure! Screw the LM1 set up its not that great.
But we are talking about being loud not sound quality....he's looking for the loudest exhaust

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doe_Rae_mi said:
But we are talking about being loud not sound quality....he's looking for the loudest exhaust
I mean yes I do care for sound quality as well, but overall I want my car to ROAR! Thinkin I'm just gonna go LM1

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
NJstanger said:
I mean yes I do care for sound quality as well, but overall I want my car to ROAR! Thinkin I'm just gonna go LM1
I think they sound pretty good...videos on YouTube give no justice to how it sounds in person. My buddy has lm1 with offroad x and OMG it'll hurt your ears

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I had loudmouths with stock midpipe then just went offroad h pipe and she screams now loud af!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Can you upload a video? I am deciding to go with offload x or H or just X pipe with catalytic convetors
If your state doesn't have emission checks. You should go offroad. They r cheaper and IMO sound better

·
Registered
410 Posts
If your state doesn't have emission checks. You should go offroad. They r cheaper and IMO sound better
I live in MA and it would never pass inspection. But I have someone that can give me a sticker and dads a cop so not really worried about that lol. Does it sound good or just loud and obnoxious lol I'm hesitant

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the h pipe and it's the rumble sound the x just is out of control haha I had the x first then sold it to get the h pipe

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
I live in MA and it would never pass inspection. But I have someone that can give me a sticker and dads a cop so not really worried about that lol. Does it sound good or just loud and obnoxious lol I'm hesitant
Haha well if u want a muscle car sound go with offroad H. The offroad x will give it a race car sound...but will not be as loud as a race car.Getting offroad midpipes definitely make your car louder...but not that loud. It opens up your exhaust and makes it sound the way it needs to sound

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah I don't want it to sound obnoxious but I do want it a little louder now I may be going with X lol it's all about preference

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Yeah I don't want it to sound obnoxious but I do want it a little louder now I may be going with X lol it's all about preference
Haha it really is. I have an offroad X and loved it ever since I got it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts