Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 mustang 5.0, and i was thinking about getting the Pypes pipe bomb axle back, anyone know if there is any drone noise from this set, since they or muffler deletes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
BlackStang318 said:
I have a 2013 mustang 5.0, and i was thinking about getting the Pypes pipe bomb axle back, anyone know if there is any drone noise from this set, since they or muffler deletes?
I have slp loudmouth muffler delete and I have some drone so I'm pretty sure you will have drone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
I have slp loudmouth muffler delete and I have some drone so I'm pretty sure you will have drone.
I have flowmaster outlaws and have some pretty good drone on the highway. But its totally worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
If you want to get rid of drone, ask an exhaust shop to weld on some helmholtz resonators or 1/4 wave resonators. Same thing different name. A lot of places may not entirely know what they are, but do a little research and I'm sure they could manage to do it for you. It doesn't affect exhaust sound or loudness, just removes drone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
I am selling the axle back part of my exhaust for 150. I have the pypes super system but it is the pype bomb axle back. You can pm if you want to talk about shipping or anything like that if your interested.


image-68684979.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
Redstang1 said:
I am selling the axle back part of my exhaust for 150. I have the pypes super system but it is the pype bomb axle back. You can pm if you want to talk about shipping or anything like that if your interested.
Aren't they 3" pipes when they come as a part of the pypes super system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Honestly I have no idea and have never even thought about it but ya you are probably right. Does that means they won't line up with factory over axle pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
Redstang1 said:
Honestly I have no idea and have never even thought about it but ya you are probably right. Does that means they won't line up with factory over axle pipes?
Yes sir. Might wanna check for sure. But I thought when I looked at them they were 3". Stock rear axle pipes are 2.75"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
With the ball and socket connection does the size of the piping matter?
I can see it not clamping down correctly and causing leaks. Maybe not, but just thinking out in my head how they'd fit.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top