Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pypes O/R H. Curious what the X sounds like. Does anyone know if I can swap out the H for the Pypes cut and clamp X instead of buying the whole setup again? American muscle says that the cut and clamp is only for stock mid-pipe. If this is true does anyone know if I did buy the O/R X could I leave the down pipes on the car from the O/R H and just put in the X portion? In other words are the down pipes on both O/R H and X the same? Any help, thanks.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
There shouldn't be any difference in the two providing you get an x pipe that matches your current setup, I.e. Catted or OR so the tube lengths match. If you don't have to have clamp on, almost any exhaust shop can make almost anything work for ya. I had mine weld in the Mac Prochamber for a long tube GT in a V6 a few years back. If your looking specifically clamp then stay with the same tube length and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to have to cut or take to a shop. I want to swap H and X and keep the down pipes on the car from my current setup (O/R H)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Fair enough. Most mid pipes comes in two flavors. One meant for long tubes, and one for shorties. If you need a clamped setup, then you should be fine with the OR x pipe.

I had flanges welded so that I can unbolt my aftermarket exhaust from the headers and bolt in a stock exhaust if I needed to for some reason. I can pretty much swap out the exhaust at will. Handy for when I order the Prochamber, I'll just put the car on the lift and unbolt the Pypes and bolt it right in.

Speaking from experience I would suggest finding someone with the same setup that you want and going for a ride. I had almost gone with an X but really didn't like the sound. Saved myself from wasting money. It wouldn't really be any louder, but a whole lot more rasp. Some people like raspy, not knocking them. A raspy exhaust makes me cringe like someone dragging finger nails across a chalkboard or a civic with an OR fart cannon. That's just me, but it sounds like your curious so definitely check out a similar setup in person. If you like it, pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have pypes axle back and pypes off road x pipe. It's not as raspy as it sounds. I can get a video of what mine sounds like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have pypes axle back and pypes off road x pipe. It's not as raspy as it sounds. I can get a video of what mine sounds like.

I thought I'd like the H, which I do, but it sounds to plain to me. Too generic. Def loud as hell. I think the X pipe has more character. Am I right?

If I buy an x pipe and the X fits where the H on my H pipe goes would you be interested in buying my H portion? It's pretty simple to swap. This is only if the down pipes are the same length on the X and H, which would only make sense that they are. Why would pypes manufacture 2 different down pipes.

I appreciate the offer but I heard many on YouTube. I just have one question though. Can I be quiet if I want? I can with my H. Well I wouldn't really call it quiet but more like mellow. Can this be done with the X.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I thought I'd like the H, which I do, but it sounds to plain to me. Too generic. Def loud as hell. I think the X pipe has more character. Am I right?

If I buy an x pipe and the X fits where the H on my H pipe goes would you be interested in buying my H portion? It's pretty simple to swap. This is only if the down pipes are the same length on the X and H, which would only make sense that they are. Why would pypes manufacture 2 different down pipes.

I appreciate the offer but I heard many on YouTube. I just have one question though. Can I be quiet if I want? I can with my H. Well I wouldn't really call it quiet but more like mellow. Can this be done with the X.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Sounds to me more like you would benifit a little more from changing mufflers if it "sounds plain". What mufflers are you currently running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds to me more like you would benifit a little more from changing mufflers if it "sounds plain". What mufflers are you currently running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I already ordered the X pipe. Now I have both. I hope I can just swap out H for X without messing with down pipes.

·
Premium Member
6,963 Posts
Heard Pype Bombs with an off-road x not a fan. You might like it though.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

As long as I'm not hammering on the gas it can be mild. Now if I'm going from stop sign to stop sign in 1st @ 2500 rpms than no. Really anything over 2k for me is loud.

Although I'm always wanting to make it louder :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As long as I'm not hammering on the gas it can be mild. Now if I'm going from stop sign to stop sign in 1st @ 2500 rpms than no. Really anything over 2k for me is loud.

Although I'm always wanting to make it louder :)

Nice to know. I love hammering the gas. But I "try" to not do it too often. My favorite is when I see a ricer with his girlfriend and slam it when I pass. I know he feels like less of a man after that. It's fun

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It can work the opposite on your girlfriend as well lol. I know that with the windows down and in between shifts, she has to pause when she's saying something so I can hear her lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts