Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my pypes off road h pipe in. On one of the pypes it's not fully welded down. That black line in the picture is a hole. The other pipe isn't like that. That's a big problem, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Just got my pypes off road h pipe in. On one of the pypes it's not fully welded down. That black line in the picture is a hole. The other pipe isn't like that. That's a big problem, right?
if it is going to cause the exhaust to leak, yes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazon had it for a cheaper price. I now realized that was probably a terrible idea. Should I get someone to weld it for me? Or should I take up an issue with Amazon. I was planning to install tomorrow, but now...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow, that's some bs. As easy as that would be to finish the weld I'd still return it on principle alone. Make em pay for sure! I'm sure you're excited to put them on but I wouldn't put up with that. Why pay someone else to finish their work?!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm definently going to call up amazon in a second. Still slapping myself in the face. This is what happens when you don't use AM just one time...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, that's not cool at all, I wouldn't install that on my car. An exhaust leak can kill you under the right combination of circumstances.

That being said, Amazon is pretty great, I use it for a LOT of stuff. They offer free 2 day shipping on a lot of items if you subscribe to the Prime service. It's like $70 a year but well worth it if you buy a lot online like I do. Out of all of my orders with them, i've had maybe 1 issue in hundreds of purchases over the past few years.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to customer service. After about an hour of constantly being on hold, their sending me a new set, and compensating me $40. Not bad! But this is the second issue I've had with them in a month, so I probably won't be using them for my car mods anymore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good point, but you would think that amazon would make sure the products they were shipping out where not defective. I don't know. Anyways, I've heard some pretty bad things about their mufflers, but good things about these midpipes. Think they were a bad buy?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Good point, but you would think that amazon would make sure the products they were shipping out where not defective. I don't know. Anyways, I've heard some pretty bad things about their mufflers, but good things about these midpipes. Think they were a bad buy?
amazon doesn't make sure the manufacturer does there job. Same reason I hated working retail, it was the selling companies fault the product was bad, never the MFG, at least that is how most people treated it.

Personally I would have purchased the JBA O/R H Pipe from AM. JBA stuff is fantastic.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
GrabberBlueGT said:
4:00 FRIDAY

1 - 20 of 42 Posts