Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a set of pypes offroad h pipes on my 08 gt and I loved how loud it was but it had a really bad rattling sound like someone put small beads in a tin can and shook it. I'm looking for a louder exhaust than stock but with a very deep, muscle car sound and not that cheap "honda tuner" muffler sound. What can I do to achieve this or fix the rattling of my offroads? Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ok, I've seen some with them... Might have been for a different car now that I think about it... Sorry. Anyway, for sure check to see if your rubbing anywhere and make sure your clamps are good and tight. Did you heat cycle when you installed?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would it be a nice deep, loud sound if I kept the offroad h pipe from pypes on and changed the axlebacks? What axleback and is the difference is tone and volime over stock and big one?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Off road h pipe with borla stingers or FRPP stingers produces a nice loud deep tone

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

But those axle backs cost more than most axle backs too. Not sure how much you want to spend

·
Registered
658 Posts
Its alright I just want something a little deeper all the way through like when he shifts its got like a bottled sound, I want it deep and rumbling.
Shorty headers off road H and american thunders sound real nice.

theres no headers on here but it still sounds real nice. This is the route i plan on going with mine. I might end up going with the pypes of road H and getting the hi flow cats with it though.
http://youtu.be/0Kxpm31a0p0

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
OP,

I think the MAC Prochamber is exactly what you're looking for! It will give you volume and a very deep aggressive tone. From there you can pair the prochamber with different mufflers, depending on which you like best.

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree. Go with the Pype bomb axle back. I have them too and they sound great. Loud & deep!
+1 Hell yes...I put my pype-bombs on last week and I couldn't be happier... they sound freaking amazing and are more than I expected. My mom drives a Prius and she thinks my car sounds like s car should haha. I definitely recommend these.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If I'm going for the very deep and loud sound, do you suggest those pypes or the borla stingers? I have heard the borlas are pretty good quality as well...any truth? Lemme hear suggestions if you Could. Thanks
-hubbs

·
Registered
913 Posts
The borlas are great quality and awesome mufflers. You cant go wrong with them but they are one of the more expensive set of mufflers on the market. Both the Pype bombs and borlas will produce a nice loud deep tone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts