Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So last night I installed a Pypes Street Pro Axle-back exhaust on my '09 V6. As you can see from the photos, it's hanging super low... there is only one bracket on the undercarriage that reaches the hanger rod so I'm only able to attach the muffler to one hanger. I can't re-position it either. I had purchased this same exhaust from AM for my '10 V6 and had no issue with it whatsoever. It was easy to install and it fit and functioned perfectly fine. This '09 Mustang doesn't have any modifications done to it that I know of. Pretty sure it's just stock. So I'm not sure why this exhaust isn't installing properly (this exhaust is made to fit '05-'10 models). I was debating contacting AM to return it, but maybe there is a simpler solution that I'm not aware of? It's fastened to the car securely and sounds fine, but I do not like the way it looks...also part of the mid pipe is touching the frame and when idling, I can hear it clanking from the vibration. Any tips / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
There should be different sets for 2005 to 2009 and 2010 I believe. Was this one the same exact one you had on the 2010?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had got the pypes true daul exhaust and had problems with the fiting but i had to buy a extra bracket to hold it up and it worked out great

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had got the pypes true daul exhaust and had problems with the fiting but i had to buy a extra bracket to hold it up and it worked out great
Yeah Native is right, my dual exhaust from pypes sticks out. Doesn't fit as well as you thing. I had a professional shop install it, they said they have had issues installing these exhaust from pypes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I meant to post this update awhile ago..My boyfriend fixed the exhaust. Apparently my friend who had initially helped me install it put the brackets on backwards lol 😒

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts