Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I buy this conversion kit for my stang and the x pipe doesn't line up with Any place to put hangers, and the body shop will not drill and place new ones for some reason. Currently my exhaust just sags in the middle due to the only support being the headers and the mufflers, and this results in a horrible rattling and I seem to drag on everything. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had the same problem with my Pypes axle backs... Doesn't quite line up.

Your fix is, have your x pipe welded on with new hangers. Just have a couple J shaped hangers welded on to your pipe, the bottom of the J cradling the pipe and bam... Problem solved. If the muffler shop won't weld, some one will.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with my Pypes axle backs... Doesn't quite line up.

Your fix is, have your x pipe welded on with new hangers. Just have a couple J shaped hangers welded on to your pipe, the bottom of the J cradling the pipe and bam... Problem solved. If the muffler shop won't weld, some one will.
Thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully I can find someone who would do it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Honestly dude, find a backwater shop that'll do whatever. Anybody can weld some hangers in place to an x pipe. Takes minimal competence for that job.

I hope it all works for you though, man. Post an update on how your venture goes. Talk to you later. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts