Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this says off road use but could i use it on the road? Where can i find one that can be used on the road?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maximum motorsports is the only one I think that actually says can be used for daily driving... Ive had my qa1 for 3 years now and till this past year I drove the piss out of it all the time and never have had any problems

·
Registered
598 Posts
I believe he blew the motor a lil while back and that's why he's not driving it. Not sure tho.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohh but u didnt have issues due to the k member right? Im jw if this would be okay to run on the street.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ohh but u didnt have issues due to the k member right? Im jw if this would be okay to run on the street.
I'd say you'd be okay you may see it lift the engine a little higher, or move the front wheels forward. But if you have adjustable arms then there are ways around it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
quick question to ppl with aftermarket k members...what k member can i use on my 98 gt and dont have to get coil overs or relocate my oil filter??? thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
RepumSN95 said:
quick question to ppl with aftermarket k members...what k member can i use on my 98 gt and dont have to get coil overs or relocate my oil filter??? thanks in advance
AM has a 90 degree adapter thing the makes it easier to get to. If that helps

·
Registered
430 Posts
I didn't have to move my oil filter with my qa1... And you can reuse your factory a arms so you can run the stock spring and strut, or buy the kit that comes with everything including sleeves so you can use factory style struts and still have coilovers

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't have to move my oil filter with my qa1... And you can reuse your factory a arms so you can run the stock spring and strut, or buy the kit that comes with everything including sleeves so you can use factory style struts and still have coilovers
Hey Corey I'm new around here I got the granatelli kmember kit with the coilovers my rims hit my coilovers did u have that problem and I had to cut my tie rods to be able to get an Alinement because it pulled my rims in like an inch on both sides got 18x9 saleen rims on front and got caster camber plates

·
Registered
430 Posts
The grim reaper said:
Hey Corey I'm new around here I got the granatelli kmember kit with the coilovers my rims hit my coilovers did u have that problem and I had to cut my tie rods to be able to get an Alinement because it pulled my rims in like an inch on both sides got 18x9 saleen rims on front and got caster camber plates
All I had to do was just grind a Lil bit off of the tie rods, but I have 17s to... Weird though cause other than push my wheels to the front just a little bit, mines the same width as it was with the factory k and arms... Do you have the tubular a-arms or did you keep the factory?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got the tubular control arms I don't get it either I looked and looked could not find anything like what I have going on I bought some 1/4inch spacers and it stopped it if the wheels are strait but if I turn the wheel from 12 oclock to 4 o'clock it rubs my wheels aren't pushed forward at all either and when u grinded your tie rods did u have to do both sides I did had to take an inch or so off both sides

·
Registered
430 Posts
I only had to do maybe a 1/4 inch off each side and the only time it rubbed was at full turn, which kmember and arms do you have

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've never messed with there stuff, I've always used qa1.... I'd give them a call and tell them what it's doing and what you've done to see if they have a fix

·
Registered
64 Posts
Corey they have no ideal they said maybe I installed wrong and the guy was a smart ass about told me I should have had it installed it by a professional I told him I have be working on cars my whole life I'm not Ase certified but I can hold my own I measured from the front bumper to make sure it was strait and everything I will never buy anything from them ever again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts