Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McQueen and I will be posting up a side by side comparison of the 5.0 quad exhaust conversion of borla and gt500 quad tips, for those 13 not sure which to decide, ...................coming soon! ....next weekend lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone used/seen/heard a coyote 5.0 with the borla S type quad tip axle backs and a JBA O/R H pipe?

I know exhaust is such a hard thing to get feedback on as we all have our own preferences as to what sounds good so I am open to peoples thoughts and input. I have seen a few videos online but feel videos just don't do any exhaust system justice as they almost always sounds better in person.

If you have not used/seen/heard anyone with this setup do you have any recommendations for an exhaust setup? I am looking for a deep classic muscle car rumble at idle and that sound at WOT that makes you grin ear to ear with minimal rasp and pop. I prefer a quad tip setup as I think it takes the meanness level up a notch

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Super Happy with our setup.
Lethal Off Road X Pipe > 3" Over Axle Pipes > GT500 Quads.
Good deep sound cruising, Zero drone and SCREAM at WOT.

WhiteTiger13, if you want it to have a lot deeper sound, get rid of the OEM over axle pipes. After your H pipe, go big, 3" over the axle to your mufflers with no resonators.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1393874157.323306.jpg

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1393874182.119090.jpg

http://youtu.be/kstcQB0stB8

I am sure the Borla's are great, but the price for an axle back muffler is whack. I found these OEM quad tips on CL from a salvaged GT500 and got the CF valance for 1/2 price, so I have less in a ORX , OA pipes, mufflers and carbon fiber valance than what Borla's AB mufflers would have run me. A grand for mufflers only is too STEEP IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Deerslayer,

Thanks man I really appreciate the input. Your car looks awesome too btw! I agree with you that the price of the Borlas are a bit crazy and will keep doing my research to see what I can find. I really like your idea of finding a salvaged car and getting some parts out it, no sense letting perfectly good parts just sit there right...

So I am no mechanic and what I do know is just from research online thus far but could you explain the over axle part? If I get the off road H pipe and axle back borlas is there another section of piping still (over axle)?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So I am no mechanic and what I do know is just from research online thus far but could you explain the over axle part? If I get the off road H pipe and axle back borlas is there another section of piping still (over axle)?
These are the pipes that go from the back of your mid pipe (Off Road X or H) to your axle back mufflers.
The OEM pipes are smaller diameter and they have small glass pack type mufflers on them called resonators. They also have "kinks" and squeezes that affect flow. You can find "over axle" pipes or have them made and if you increase the diameter to 3" you will get better flow and a deeper tone. Here is a cat back set that has 3" over axle pipes. I actually had this setup and kept the 3" OA pipes and fitted them to the GT500 mufflers and sold the magnaflow mufflers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Car is buried in the trailer for the winter otherwise I'd get a video of my 11 Saleen with the zoomers mufflers and the Saleen quad tips.

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Deerslayer.... Your exhaust sounds perfect. I have the gt500 quads but wasn't sure if I wanted to change anything else, no I know I do. Lol. Thanks for posting your video.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts