Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes this is probably another stupid idea that doesn't work, but i want to see what y'all think about it. i can get a set of almost new quad shocks from the same guy i'm getting quad shock brackets from for 5 extra dollars. what would the effects of mounting the first set of quad shocks like normal be like and mounting the second set symmetrical to the other set? as in, the dual quad shocks would look like a "V" from behind. there is a lot of lateral play in quad shocks and this would solve this.

i imagine this wouldn't be a great idea or else they may have done it on the GT's, but since i'm getting the brackets welded on anyways i wanted to know if anyone has done this, and what they think of it. i'm new to suspension and this just seems logically like a good idea.

-suspension newbie

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
think of it this way. both shocks have the same valving. so if one goes up, the opposite one will go up just as much. in theory it works, but then again so does communism. :p j/k

anyway, it would work, but you could get a set of Lower Control Arms and get rid of wheel hop completly w/o having to mess w/ quad shocks. IMO quad shocks are crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts