Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, let's say I love the Roush catback exhaust and love the look of the magnaflow quad tip exhaust. In my wildest dreams, could I achieve putting the quad tips on the end of the Roush cb? Or would it change the sound and be too hard? Just wanted some input from you guys :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I didn't know changing exhaust tips will change the exhaust note of the car
To get the look you want you will have to drill a hole in the muffler bc if not it will look like a single tip entrance to a dual exit. Like in the pic.

Or do u want two individual exits like the magnaflow and borla.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, the quad tips look good man. Do the square roush tips have the same sound and fitments that the regular ones do? I just thought it'd add something different!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Mustangman,
Did you or anyone else on here every try giving this a shot? I love my roush exhaust, but man I really want the quad tips now. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
The tips on an exhaust have just to much to do with the sound as the rest of the system. Diameter, angle, edges, materials, double layered, the angle the edges are cut at. You'd be surprised how much one thing will change the note of it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
well, changing the exhaust note (however I dont believe it really will) will be the least of your worries, there is no direct swap rear valence that accommodate the tips for the 11-12 cars, youll have to either convert to a 13-14 rear bumper cover and get the gt500 valance (mucho $$$$) or hack up your rear valance........

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dont think it would change the note enough to where I would hate it, but I am concerned about having to cut in the bumper for the valence. That's why I was curious to see if anyone has done it and what tips they used, etc before I went to all of the trouble of doing it. Not sure Ill be able to get the wife to approve right now anyway : ) The quads just look so cool lol

·
Registered
774 Posts
I dont think it would change the note enough to where I would hate it, but I am concerned about having to cut in the bumper for the valence. That's why I was curious to see if anyone has done it and what tips they used, etc before I went to all of the trouble of doing it. Not sure Ill be able to get the wife to approve right now anyway : ) The quads just look so cool lol
if you search google, a few have cut their 11-12 valance for the quad tips, it's doable but hard to do cleanly I hear........

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well to anyone who wanted to know what it would be like to have the roush axlebacks with quad tips I will be able to tell you soon! Just order my conversion kit :D I will be sure to share pics and if I can a video of what the exhaust sounds like with the new tips welded on.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Cool!, here's mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well to anyone who wanted to know what it would be like to have the roush axlebacks with quad tips I will be able to tell you soon! Just order my conversion kit :D I will be sure to share pics and if I can a video of what the exhaust sounds like with the new tips welded on.
Which kit did you purchase?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The kit from stangmods.com. Comes with the valence and tips.

Which kit did you purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 20 of 22 Posts