Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I have not run mine yet ---But---

My neighbor turned 13.8 first run and two 13.6's with his bone stock 2011 V6 3.7 Automatic Mustang on street tires. He just wanted to see what it would do. He is an old guy and really not into drag racing.
I don't think that is to bad of a time for any stone stock off the showroom floor car. His is just a base model so has the higher ratio rear.
I think you guy's with Mufflers, Cold Air Intakes and the lower rear end gears should be at least in the high 12's

This should be a good & very interesting post.
Ronnie

·
Registered
790 Posts
My neighbor turned 13.8 first run and two 13.6's with his bone stock 2011 V6 3.7 Automatic Mustang on street tires. He just wanted to see what it would do. He is an old guy and really not into drag racing.
I don't think that is to bad of a time for any stone stock off the showroom floor car. His is just a base model so has the higher ratio rear.
I think you guy's with Mufflers, Cold Air Intakes and the lower rear end gears should be at least in the high 12's

Ronnie
My 2012 is a base model automatic. The only option on it is 3:31 rear end.
Never been on a drag strip but fast enough.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Ronnie
If I can recall I don't think any N/A v6 has ever hit 12s. American muscle hit 13.3 with 3.73 gears if I remember correctly. 13.6 is the fastest time I've ever seen stock with 2.73 gears

·
Registered
371 Posts
If I can recall I don't think any N/A v6 has ever hit 12s. American muscle hit 13.3 with 3.73 gears if I remember correctly. 13.6 is the fastest time I've ever seen stock with 2.73 gears
There's been multiple v6 that have hit 12s the fastest one which is a manual hit I belive 12.7 seconds they are fully bolt on v6 the fastest use drag radials at high rpm launches though also they got those times at higher altitude levels than sea level

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5ac8qRNwE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks But I've sene those vids I want to know from first hand experience what your times were and what mods you had during said run

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's been multiple v6 that have hit 12s the fastest one which is a manual hit I belive 12.7 seconds they are fully bolt on v6 the fastest use drag radials at high rpm launches though also they got those times at higher altitude levels than sea level

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5ac8qRNwE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
It pretty sweet that full bolts can take a whole second off :) naturally aspirated is what I'm going for.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hi Dgoebel

Is your a manual or automatic transmission?

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
The automatics seem to be better at the drags

I think your 14.1 is still a very good quarter mile time. If you run enough you could get it down into the 13's.

My neighbor's first run was 13.8 and his second one was 13.6
He only did one more run at 13.6 because he was satisfied that his car was as fast as he wanted it to be. Like I said, He is not really a drag race type guy but he did have fun.

I will probably do like he did and make a few passes just to see what my car will turn. Mine is an Automatic with Magnaflow streets & a K&N drop in filter.

Ronnie

·
Registered
622 Posts
Fastest was a 14 flat. Then after that they stopped prepping the track and I was losing grip when I was throwing into 2nd. It wasn't a big day at the track and it was all street cars so guess they decided not to be all into the track prepping after the starting line.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Dgoebel,

There is one guy who hit 12's N/A with their 3.7! He's on another Mustang forum (AFM), which may be why no one here has heard of it. Either way he made a very impressive run of 12.91 @ 106.49mph!

1st NA 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!! - Ford Mustang Forums

1st NA 2011+ Mustang 3.7 V6 in the 12's!! - YouTube

Shane

1 - 17 of 17 Posts