Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I did something today thats just pure bad luck. I just got my 2013 V6, its been my dream to own a mustang and finally I decided to purchase. Today, I was taking something from my trunk and my laptop bag slammed into the tail light and cracked the darn thing :( I called ford and was told that the replacement is near $1000. Do you think I could get this cheaper anywhere? I think I have reached the end of the internet searching for it.

The crack is not major but you can imagine how I feel this being my new car and all.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I feel your pain in damaging your new mustang, happened to me as well. I have yet to see any aftermarket lights for the 13-14 mustangs. It sucks to have to pay so much for one part from Ford.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Never mind, forgot to check Ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. They are really kind of pricy though :( I guess I might have to wait a bit before buying them. It like have to get up close to notice the crack but just knowing its there bothers me. LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
I got a rock.....

What's your insurance deductable? If you have to have a new one from Ford for a grand, then see what your deductable is should you want to make a claim. If your deductable is only $250.00, then you pay that, and your insurance pays the rest.

If it's your first claim, it's doubtful your rates would go up.

However, Ebay (as posted by primer2tone) is your best bet for cost. You might try craigslist as well, or visit your local boneyard. If they don't have one, they get on a "hotline" to locate one for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts