Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A girl is selling these Velgen vmb5 with Nitto 555 G2 255/35/20 And 275/35/20 Tires off her 2011 mustang in my area pretty much new, she said that they were only mounted for 3 weeks. I see that they are marked as 2005-2014 on CJ pony parts. I want to buy them for my S550 GT PP. I don't see why they wouldn't fit, would I need the TPMS changed in them or something? I don't know a ton about changing wheels out in these newer cars. Thanks a ton! The picture of these wheels on the black S550 isn't hers it's just off the internet.
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466524745.135408.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466524819.853405.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466524838.197368.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466524859.105403.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466524873.479330.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1466524973.145810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

So those are nitto invos not g2s so hopefully that's the only thing she is exaggerating. Also the offset must be right for the best brembos to fit in the front, I'd check the offset and ask CJ pony parts or ask for a receipt and contact them directly!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
TPMS sensors changed in 2015+

I bought a 2015 GT takeoff set and I can't sync them with my car... But oddly enough even after the couple times it showed the tpms failure message... My car syncs with the 2014's in the garage lol

·
Registered
737 Posts
Should just be the sensors, the bolt pattern is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You could always just test fit them, especially the front. Offset info should be stamped on the inside of the wheel, as well as diameter and width.

Jeremy
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

·
Registered
774 Posts
theyll fit, the fronts may be tucked in a bit more than you like, but theyll fit fine otherwise, the tpms sensors will not work, you will need 15-16 specific sensors

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wish we lived closer.. If you bought them we could swap sensors since mine are for your year and yours are for mine lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I can get them for 1500, I will have another probably 200 into changing the sensors. What do you guys think? She paid 2699.99 for them new.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Not a bad deal, I got my $3400 set of Enkei's with Michelin SS for $1600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
TPMS sensors changed in 2015+

I bought a 2015 GT takeoff set and I can't sync them with my car... But oddly enough even after the couple times it showed the tpms failure message... My car syncs with the 2014's in the garage lol

I am in the same situation. How did you solve it? Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts

My current fix... I have my old wheels in the garage and the car syncs up to them lol.

If I do drive enough to get the error then the next time I start the car next to the garage it's gone.

Plan on selling them so I will purchase a new set and have them swapped afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
painters tape over the dash light and hitting reset on the info center at start up.

oh yeah, checking air 1x a month or so with a a gauge

i would NOT give the tire shop a chance to scratch my rims just for TPMS...I'll consider it when I need tires but not for more than $100

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
the picture in the OP is that tire shine on the tread?!?!?!?! That will be entertaining with a V8
LOL, I thought the same thing, hopefully it was just water!

1. Girl gets new tires...
2. Girl puts tire shine all over the tires
3. Girl wants to sell the tires b/c they don't get good traction!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts