Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am planning to do a retrofit on my 2011 mustang with original halogen housing. I got a quote from LightWerkz, and they charge $315 for FXR Stage 1 system and $680 for labor, which sounds quite expensive to me. I was wondering if it would be better to go with a pair of 2013 mustang OEM HID headlights, which I found on ebay is priced at $999. Although I may need to do some new wiring in order to put the 2013 mustang headlights on my car.

What do you guys recommand? A retrofit project or 2013 OEM HID headlights?
And if someone has done a retrofit project or install 2010 -2013 mustang OEM HID headlights on their 2010+ mustang, please let me know if the retorfit really worth it or how I need to do the wiring with the OEM HID headlights.

Thank you.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hi guys. I am planning to do a retrofit on my 2011 mustang with original halogen housing. I got a quote from LightWerkz, and they charge $315 for FXR Stage 1 system and $680 for labor, which sounds quite expensive to me. I was wondering if it would be better to go with a pair of 2013 mustang OEM HID headlights, which I found on ebay is priced at $999. Although I may need to do some new wiring in order to put the 2013 mustang headlights on my car.

What do you guys recommand? A retrofit project or 2013 OEM HID headlights?
And if someone has done a retrofit project or install 2010 -2013 mustang OEM HID headlights on their 2010+ mustang, please let me know if the retorfit really worth it or how I need to do the wiring with the OEM HID headlights.

Thank you.

My brother, please, dont drop a grand on headlights. I'd take it that you want projector headlights, and thats respectable. So, lets look at a good looking and much more reasonable option.... Raxiom.... check out the link friend.

Raxiom Black Projector Headlights - CCFL Halo (10-12 Mustang V6, GT) 49129 - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, but I heard that using HID bulb in those headlights would melt the housing. Also smoked headlights might not work for me, because I want to increase the light output by doing retrofit or installing OEM HID headlights, the smoked housing would decrease the light output.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
They come in black or regular. I just don't like the raxiom headlights look. I want factory look not the weird halos

·
Registered
809 Posts
I still dont think you need to spend that much to get the look you want. If nothing else, give it some time and see if something new comes out. Raxiom is working on 2013 tail lights for the 2010+, maybe they will release some headlights with it or something. At any rate, I would be patient brother, these mustangs are still pretty new, there should be more aftermarket parts coming out soon.... we hope

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've got HIDs in my stock housing it hasent melted anything or done any damage. A lot of people say not to do it bc it blinds other drivers .
I'm not saying it is not true but mine don't seem to do it . I've never been bright lighted or any of the above. I think it has a lot to do with how low the headlights are and the shape of the housing .
It did brighten up the road a lot too .

Just Sharing my experience with them. I do not need anyone telling me its illegal, to die and all the other things this subject brings up.
Thanks in advanced lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have hids in the Raxiom housings and they work just fine. That said, their light output sucks compared to high quality projectors.

I would call my headlights acceptable. The headlights in my wife's Acura are OMGWTFBBQ bright.

I looked into retrofitting my stock headlights but, based on what I read, they are stupid hard to get open.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think the HID thing would work if you aim them properly.

they look sweet with the blue paint brother, good look.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all you guys' replies. I think I will go for a retrofit project. Hope it would make a big difference for my headlight. After I get those retrofit headlights installed, I will post some pictures to show the light output and cutoff.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I've seen some good retrofit jobs on our cars so gl. I don't think it's worth the money but hey, it's not my money your spending!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts