Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the Bi Xenon kit, and am not happy with it honestly. I don't like how it runs off just the driver side and the passenger side doesn't look as bright.

Here's the question, it had an HID kit on it when I bought it (not Bi Xenon), BUT the high beams were yellow. THAT is what I want to get away from, and the reason I bought the Bi Xenon.

Is there any way to get away from that yellow high beam with the HID? Since it's a single bulb (with a small bulb for the high beam beside it), I can't change that high beam bulb (it's part of the HID bulb).

I know nothing really about the HID's, so hopefully y'all can give me some insight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Tiffsobelle said:
So I bought the Bi Xenon kit, and am not happy with it honestly. I don't like how it runs off just the driver side and the passenger side doesn't look as bright.

Here's the question, it had an HID kit on it when I bought it (not Bi Xenon), BUT the high beams were yellow. THAT is what I want to get away from, and the reason I bought the Bi Xenon.

Is there any way to get away from that yellow high beam with the HID? Since it's a single bulb (with a small bulb for the high beam beside it), I can't change that high beam bulb (it's part of the HID bulb).

I know nothing really about the HID's, so hopefully y'all can give me some insight.

Thanks!
I have the same product and both mine are not yellow

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you have the normal HIDs and the high beams aren't yellow?

What level are you running? Maybe that's the problem with the ones that was on it when I bought it (I don't know what they are).

·
Registered
110 Posts

Thanks!
To be honest I've never seen a set up like that. I have a set of ddmtuning bi-xenon hids. (No yellow highs like you). But I can honestly say I am still not satisfied because the light output is really only focused slap dead in the middle. Very narrow with no lighting off to the side to see the curb n wat not. I've had good luck with these kits but now I am soon to retrofit my lights using these morimotos mini h1 bi-xenon projectors. The light output difference from the pics I've found look amazing compared to stock. Plus it doesn't have that look of the other aftermaket projectors. That's something I would consider doing but if you want to ride it out with a kit do your thing. Look into it you may like.

Ddmtuning.com for the bi-xenon hid kit.

Theretrofitsource.com to take a look at the projectors n other info you might like.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts