Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddies got a cherokee sport and the trunk latch is closed, but the hatch isnt. So what happens is the trunk just kinda rests close, it doesnt latch shut like it should because the latch is stuck shut. Anyone have any clue how to get that latch open so the trunk will close?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cmon someones gotta know this... ive been tuggin at that fuckin latch for a long time now and it wont budge... wtf do i do to fix this?

·
Registered
301 Posts
ZimStang said:
cmon someones gotta know this... ive been tuggin at that fuckin latch for a long time now and it wont budge... wtf do i do to fix this?
You're asking for advice on a Jeep here?

And you expect a prompt answer? :rolleyes:

Maybe Ken or SexyAsthmatic would know, but you'll have to wait for them to sign on and reply.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Yep.

Make sure it's unlocked.

Stick a BF screwdriver in there, push the button and pull the screwdriver to disengage the locking mechanism.

It's happened to me on my XJ (cherokee) a few times.

You'll see there is a peg that sticks up in the middle of the floorboard that the door latches onto. Look on the bottom of the door, and you will see the C-channeled locking mechanism. When the lock is unlocked, just put a screwdriver under that sucker, and push the button, and pry it open.

Make sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts