Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the base level PSI on PDs and centri's and what is an estimate on the RWHP for those systems at that psi. Also do they come with BAPs?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on the size... I thought you were in love with your turbo setup
I am in love with my turbo..I just want some comparisons...I think im going to turn up my psi...I was just curious as to what the others systems came with at a base level...Just wanting to compare to them...Right now I don't have a BAP and tuner says need more fuel for him to turn it up any and feel safe...But My turbo is awesome and I would recommend to anyone...my MPG went up 5mpg on road trips...it is super awesome!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Vortech at 6.5psi with boss manifold made a whooping 610 or so whp.
Was that with Headers? Cats? BAP? was it SAE? Mustang or Dynojet? also what was the TQ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now to give you a vague answer, most full entry level kits will get 6-7 psi and will not come with a BAP
ok wonderfull now all I want to know is the HP and TQ that you will get with that and the stock calibration SAE

·
Registered
39 Posts
Paxton base tuner kit, ID1000 injectors, Vortech boost referenced BAP, Boss intake, stock airbox, lethal o/r H pipe, GT500 axlebacks, No headers. 622rwhp/466rwtq STD in 95 degree heat. 8psi

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the graph....BBR told me I need a BAP and the ID1000s before they feel safe turning up the power on my car. Was just curious as to what others were seeing...I have a very conservative tune and put down 499/538 STD but the tuner at the dyno said I was about .5 rich and could use a bit more timing. I guess I will go ahead and order the BAP and ID1000s and see what it will do. Im on 6 psi may go up to 10 when I add the other items.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
The 47 lb injectors are good up to 600 hp, and unless you really plan on turning up the power I would just buy the ID 750's. save some money, those are good far past 600 rwhp.

what I hear you saying is that BBR is just trying to cover their ass. Mostly

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 47 lb injectors are good up to 600 hp, and unless you really plan on turning up the power I would just buy the ID 750's. save some money, those are good far past 600 rwhp.

what I hear you saying is that BBR is just trying to cover their ass. Mostly
I think they just don't want to take a chance with a mail order tune. The dyno and tuner I went to was a local guy and he said it was a very safe tune...They are playing the safe side and I totally agreee with them,...I figure the ID1000s are what I will go with just in case I ever change to the larger turbo and want some serious power. Boost is addictive to say the least!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts