Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I've just bought a mustang and it has the side grocery bumpers, and I was wondering if those would come off easily, or would it come off and have to be repainted?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Pretty sure they come off easily, I know there are a few folks here who have taken em off, btw, Welcome again, dude!!

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
If I had to guess I'd guess they are 3M'd on...a little heat, some patience, and some good pulling and you will prolly be able to get them off no problem. I'm not completely sure how they're on though..maybe someone will chime in here in a sec that had it.

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Took mine off. You will need to buff the remaining tape that wont come off out. But I havent and you can barely see the outline of where it was.

It looks alot better off. Just take a hair drier and putty knife and have at it

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Please Please Please!!!!! be extremely careful with a putty knife around your car. That is the easiest way to screw up your paint job...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i took mine off i didnt use a putty knife or anything i just got a fingernail under the corner of it then got my finger under it and slowly pealed it off then buffed out any tape n what not that was left, looks like it was never there

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
dont use a puutty knife :disgust:
heat it up the get guitar string (the thinnest one) and take it off with that. the get adhesive remover and put it on the remaining glue then buff the ***** out. if it leaves an outline solor sand the ***** with 2000 grit WET sand paper then buff out again. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
That reminds me. Matt, my dad has a heat gun, so if you want to use that, let me know. Uses it to shrink wire insulation and such, so i doubt it would be to hot to use, and probably better than ur Emily's hair driar lol

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
:rolleyes:

Anyone with common sense knows to be careful with a putty knife on paint. It won't hurt the paint unless to slam the son of a ***** against it

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Brent said:
:rolleyes:

Anyone with common sense knows to be careful with a putty knife on paint. It won't hurt the paint unless to slam the son of a ***** against it
yes but with my method its fool proof with your method there is still a small margine of error :D

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Dom said:
So go wax you car with paint thinner.
That made no sense what so ever. Apparently you can use a putty knife to do this because I did. I managed to do it with out scratching the paint. It took it off easy. So I recommened it.

Tools can be used for more than one thing :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts