Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to load the stock tune and update the gears? Or do you have to have a custom tune loaded? Because it doesnt look like you can edit any settings when the stock tune is loaded

I am trying to get my tuner to the unmarried status but....those 3.73s tho....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nvm. Just loaded the stock tune and took it for a spin. Only like 5-7 mph off. Shows i am going 20 even though i am going around 13-15 mph. So i guess i wont get any tickets. Lol.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
it gets worse the faster you go, its a percentage. Our 3.73s showed like over 100 on the freeway before the new tune was flashed.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I guess i can load the tune till the car is traded...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got approved for a 2015 5.0......FINALLY. But I need to wait until next month before I will have enough money for the down payment. Dealership was pretty impressed with my car. Lol. They were surprised it was a V6.

It seems now that the 2016s will be coming out, the 2014s depreciated even more. Last month my car was worth 18k trade-in. Now it is only worth 15k. :/ So that makes me need a down payment since that leaves me 3K more upside down then I planned.

Side note - The Base 13/14 Grille with the Chrome Ring CAN be just pulled out without having to remove the bumper cover.

So I am parting out, but only locally.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I got approved for a 2015 5.0......FINALLY. But I need to wait until next month before I will have enough money for the down payment. Dealership was pretty impressed with my car. Lol. They were surprised it was a V6.
Wow, congrats!! I was originally going to go with a Pro charger, but for the amount I'd have to fork out for it, and the supporting mods, it just made more sense to trade up to a 5.0 and start building on that. Those were the words of my wife, and saying goes happy wife happy life lol.

Sent from LG G3.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, congrats!! I was originally going to go with a Pro charger, but for the amount I'd have to fork out for it, and the supporting mods, it just made more sense to trade up to a 5.0 and start building on that. Those were the words of my wife, and saying goes happy wife happy life lol.

Sent from LG G3.
Exactly. After visiting the track and seeing the reality for myself of how a bolt-on V6 vs a 5.0, dropping even more money in to it seems pointless.

So I did finally get to drive some 5.0s this weekend. I drove 1 Auto with 3.55s. Was extremely unimpressed. It felt really slow and handled like a boat.

Then I drove a 2015 manual transmission with the Track Pack. The 6 piston Brembos were amazing. It took corners very well. And it accelerated really nice. I miss driving a manual very much. Plus it was my favorite color of the 2015s - competition orange. So I was extremely sad to not be able to get it right away. They actually just rolled it off a truck for me to test drive because it was the only Orange one they had. It had 4 miles on it :p

·
Premium Member
529 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Exactly. After visiting the track and seeing the reality for myself of how a bolt-on V6 vs a 5.0, dropping even more money in to it seems pointless.

So I did finally get to drive some 5.0s this weekend. I drove 1 Auto with 3.55s. Was extremely unimpressed. It felt really slow and handled like a boat.

Then I drove a 2015 manual transmission with the Track Pack. The 6 piston Brembos were amazing. It took corners very well. And it accelerated really nice. I miss driving a manual very much.
The auto's really benefit from a tune, they are so laggy from the factory. I noticed this as well as this is what I test drove first.
So your going manual with track pack?

Sent from LG G3.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the pending 15' brother. So you're parting out huh? Whatcha got?
MGP Black Caliper covers (Front and Back)
Borla S-Types (Have to swap person for stock mufflers)
Driveshaft (Have to swap person for stock driveshaft)
JLT Catch Can
BBK 73 MM TB
Airaid Modular Intake Tube
aFe Pro Drop-in Filter - (Swap person for stock filter)
NGK Cold Spark Plugs w/ Manifold Gasket
SCT X4 married tuner
DOT Racing Helmet (Black)
13/14 Pony Package Grille
Pony Package Fender Badges

Could possibly even trade hoods and sell the side scoops and window louvers. Also would be willing to swap someone for stock exhaust manifolds and cash but I dont want to mess with those.

But like I said, I am not really wanting to ship and such. Because I need to make money and not spend it on shipping costs. Plus the big things like the Driveshaft and Borlas, I need to swap with someone for their stock parts locally.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The auto's really benefit from a tune, they are so laggy from the factory. I noticed this as well as this is what I test drove first.
So your going manual with track pack?

Sent from LG G3.
Yea that is the only way I will settle on a 2015 I told the Dealerships. I DO NOT want another Auto.

They asked if I wanted a V6 or Ecoboost :facepalm: Eventually made them realized I only wanted a 5.0.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
MGP Black Caliper covers (Front and Back)

Borla S-Types (Have to swap person for stock mufflers)

Driveshaft (Have to swap person for stock driveshaft)

JLT Catch Can

BBK 73 MM TB

Airaid Modular Intake Tube

aFe Pro Drop-in Filter - (Swap person for stock filter)

NGK Cold Spark Plugs w/ Manifold Gasket

SCT X4 married tuner

DOT Racing Helmet (Black)

13/14 Pony Package Grille

Pony Package Fender Badges

Could possibly even trade hoods and sell the side scoops and window louvers. Also would be willing to swap someone for stock exhaust manifolds and cash but I dont want to mess with those.

But like I said, I am not really wanting to ship and such. Because I need to make money and not spend it on shipping costs. Plus the big things like the Driveshaft and Borlas, I need to swap with someone for their stock parts locally.

I'll straight trade my stock mufflers for your borlas ;) same with the driveshaft!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll straight trade my stock mufflers for your borlas ;) same with the driveshaft!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lol nah man. There is cash needed on top of that. But I didn't want to post prices in here since this is not the classified. Plus I don't want to deal with shipping and stuff. I always have to burn up my PTO to make it to UPS in time where I live. Because I work too late.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Kevin.cook, WHY would you decide to do this after paying basically tax and interest on your 14 and dropping God knows what into that car that you are just going to flush?

You realize the dealer doesn't care you have spent a dime on the car in aftermarket stuff right?

In fact they will most likely want to give you less being most people don't want a car they have no clue what quality workmanship went into parts ect.

So now you've bought new wheels (wasted money), gears (wasted money), all your premium junk (wasted money), brakes (wasted money), headers (wasted money). You really do know how to waste it dude.

If you really must have a new 5.0 (and I get the draw), you need to sell your car private party. Trading it in is thee dumbest thing I've ever heard. You are going to pay an extra 3k just to do the trade (wasted money)? Plus the minute you drive your 15 off the lot it will depreciate 3k (wasted money) and you will pay tax and licensing again (wasted money).

Picking up what I'm putting down?

Sorry I'm not like everyone else congratulating you on wasting money.

.02 (probably just wasted that .02 myself because I'm sure you won't listen)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate your input. I will say that they valued it as a Premium since it had almost everything a Premium has. So that helped just a tad. But not a lot. They did take some of the cosmetics in to consideration (things they sell out of their catalog). But as you mentioned, none of the performance stuff was considered. Which I expect.

and I do understand your tough love/advice.

Although i did get pre-approved, i'm not even 100% that any dealer will be able to work the numbers to what my bank is looking for anyways.

And it doesnt have to be a 2015. But they did say the rebates help a little with offsetting depreciation.

Either way, i wouldnt know anything anyways till later this week.

·
Registered
542 Posts
+1 on what oxford said as soon as you roll that baby off the lot your losing money plus as far as selling off your parts i had a 09 v6 that i had some money into it as far as parts go took them off before i traded it in took a big loss on them still have the sway bars i can't rid of .What you might want to think about is waiting till some used 2015 hit the car lots then go for used you"ll save some serious money that way. Beside you have a sweet car now with some nice mods on it And we don't want you jumping ship to the 2015 gt forum .

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Well Kevin I'm sure you are quite aware of the $$ and :2cents: aspect of the transition you are contemplating. And I can appreciate you wanting to get into a 5.0 sooner rather than later. If you can do it, I say good for you and wish you the very best of luck.
Just don't leave the V6 forum if you know what's good for you.:furious:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts