Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to owning a Mustang convertible, and I'm getting ready to take my 1998 on a weekend car show/road trip. My question is, how to you take the boot with you? I "thought" it would fit in the trunk, when that didn't work I thought I could put it in the back seat and that didn't look promising either. So were do you put the boot when you want to bring it with you, but you're driving with the top up???

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I don't have a convertible; but when I need to carry long, or otherwise large items in my coupe, I just fold the rear seat backs down and it turns the car into a little truck!

I presume that the rear seat backs fold down in the convertibles as well?

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I don't think that you are going to be able to take it with you then. :(

I'm not familiar with the boots for convertible tops.
I assume that this must be made of hard plastic or you would just be able to wad it up and throw it in the trunk.
Is this a factory boot? Or some sort of aftermarket offering?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Boot cover

I have a 1994 GT convertible and I put the cover on the back seat and attach it with the safety belt because I dont want to drive with it installed ! not safe. I am affraid to loose it on the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RE: Question for convertible owners regarding the boot

I have a '95 GT convertible, very similar to your 1998. My boot came with a carrying case where you can fold the "wings" in, to place it in the case. Once folded and put in the case it will "just" fit in the trunk. You may have to twist it somewhat, but it will fit in the trunk. Of course, once it is in the trunk, you will not have a lot of room for luggage! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts