Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now on my 94 5.0 just my back right tire spins..any way to convert it so both tires spin? And if so how much would that cost??

·
Registered
172 Posts
First of all do u have the 8.8 rearend thsts comes in gts or did somebody put the 7.5 in it. Look at the diff cover. The 8.8 is pretty much even all the way around almost like a square with the corners cut off a little. The 7.5 is smaller is is kinda of a oval shape. Need to know that first of all

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
94GTx306 said:
Right now on my 94 5.0 just my back right tire spins..any way to convert it so both tires spin? And if so how much would that cost??
You have an 8.8 if it's a GT, if it used to spin both tires then the clutches in the diff may be worn. Don't think all were traction lock though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have the 94 5.0 GT..so both tires should be spinning?? Bc only one is

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Well im pretty sure only one spins bc wen I take off my back end swing to the right

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
94GTx306 said:
Yes I have the 94 5.0 GT..so both tires should be spinning?? Bc only one is

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Well im pretty sure only one spins bc wen I take off my back end swing to the right
The swinging to the right is normal for most if not all cars. That's the wheel that catches most of the brunt from the torque and weight shifting.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Regardless if you've got worn out posi with a single tire fire or a non-LSD rear end you'll need to replace it. Depending on what type of rear gear you want they can range from $300 to well over $1000. Depending on brand and gearing.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Ok well this attatchment is kind of pointless because I was goin to post another pic of my car only spinning one tire I posted it on here a while ago but I cant find it!...
Anywho the clutches in my diff are worn out so if the driver side tire gets alot more traction or the passenger side gets a lot less it will only spin the passenger side blaah!!..
just saying this may be the issue you're having as well!..

Attachments

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Actually now that im looking at the pic if you see on the right there is a one wheel mark that was left by me another time!...

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
primer2tone said:
Regardless if you've got worn out posi with a single tire fire or a non-LSD rear end you'll need to replace it. Depending on what type of rear gear you want they can range from $300 to well over $1000. Depending on brand and gearing.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Yeah but the high end of that pricing will include new gears and full install kit..for a basic rebuild assuming everything else is in good condition I would still expect between 3-400 depending again on parts and where you have your work done!..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jack the rear end up with Both tires off the ground. First leave it in gear amd try to spin the tire. Neither tire should spin. Second put it in neutral the spin them. Both should spin when u spin one. I have a 94 gt amd when I bought it somebody had change the rear out to 7.5 and only one wheel spin and yours could be like that. By any chance that it is the 7.5 (v6 rearend ) u need to change it with a 8.8

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Robbie94gt said:
Jack the rear end up with Both tires off the ground. First leave it in gear amd try to spin the tire. Neither tire should spin. Second put it in neutral the spin them. Both should spin when u spin one. I have a 94 gt amd when I bought it somebody had change the rear out to 7.5 and only one wheel spin and yours could be like that. By any chance that it is the 7.5 (v6 rearend ) u need to change it with a 8.8
That is a good idea.it won't tell how it is performing under load but it will tell you if it is working.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts