Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I assume you mean the aluminum drive shaft, if so it depends on how you drive and what you expect that would make it "worth it"?

If you never or only rarely accelerate at "pedal to the metal" rates, or always shift at 3k rpm or so, then you will never know it's there. OTH if you does like to get going fast fast, and wind out the engine in the lower gears then you will like it...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you mean the aluminum drive shaft, if so it depends on how you drive and what you expect that would make it "worth it"?

If you never or only rarely accelerate at "pedal to the metal" rates, or always shift at 3k rpm or so, then you will never know it's there. OTH if you does like to get going fast fast, and wind out the engine in the lower gears then you will like it...
Are they difficult to install?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are tons of them available used for around $100-150, and if you change the yoke, you can even use one from an 87-95 5.0 car.
Mine came out of a 94 GT, I just changed over the slip yoke from the transmission side of my stock driveshaft and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are tons of them available used for around $100-150, and if you change the yoke, you can even use one from an 87-95 5.0 car.
Mine came out of a 94 GT, I just changed over the slip yoke from the transmission side of my stock driveshaft and it works perfectly.
Did you notice that it was better at accelerating?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts