Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generically in mustangs at the tracks...
How much rear wheel torque and horses do you have to be running to lift your front end off the ground?? I've always wanted to do that and want to know if I'm at the specs to do so. Ya know?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I may be wrong though, but to lift it up you would need a strong rear end and other suspension mods as well as other supporting mode

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be wrong though, but to lift it up you would need a strong rear end and other suspension mods as well as other supporting mode
Yeah.. definitely you need a light front and higher rear gears to get spinning. I don't have many track chances so I get to do red light burn and launches. Can't even push it..

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've actually seen bone stock 5 speed new edges lifting 1 tire, but it's all in the tire and suspension. Plus dumping the clutch at 6000 rpms lmao

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If that's you're goal it would be easier selling the car and buying one already with the power.
It's not really my goal. But I just think it would be a fun experience. Ya know?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea but I feel I would break something that way lol
Going to the track your usually expecting to be fixing something afterwards. :)

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I've actually seen bone stock 5 speed new edges lifting 1 tire, but it's all in the tire and suspension. Plus dumping the clutch at 6000 rpms lmao
So my est. 375 hp gt could probably do it. And by the time I get to a track it will be around 430 hp. Lol with new toyo's in the rear afterwards lol. Tear up the pavement. :)

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Not exactly sure, but i've got a friend with a 69 Firebird with a built up 455 (really heavy motor) with around 500 horsepower and when he throws the slicks on the back it will lift the wheels into the air.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not exactly sure, but i've got a friend with a 69 Firebird with a built up 455 (really heavy motor) with around 500 horsepower and when he throws the slicks on the back it will lift the wheels into the air.
Well that sells it I can do it in my gt.. Lol :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like I said I can do it. I know old cars really well for someone like me. Being only 17... Lol :)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Pull front sway, install light front wheels, 90/10 front struts, fox rear springs, 28" slicks, dump clutch at redline.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts