Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying my friends bama tuner for 100 bucks are bama tunes worth getting I drive a 04 mustang gt auto and will I tell a difference with it on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Tunes are non transferable. What he has is an SCT tuner with a Bama sticker on it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's cheap for a tuner even if you can't use the tunes, providing it's not married to his car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not married no more he tested it on my car to see if it would work and it did

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
You cannot run the tune he was using on his car. Load it onto your car at your own risk.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
If you have to ask that question you might not want to be messing with flashing tunes at all...

Suffice to say, $100 is cheap for an unmarried SCT device. You can use it to load anyone who tunes for SCT.

As far as Bama tunes... they are ok. But anyone running a tune really should have a wideband to make sure the AF is correct. Bama is notorious for tuning on the rich side.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You could get it for $100 then get ahold of bama/sct, via website has a form that you can fill out for info as to what has been done to your motor, then pay them for the tune, they send you the tune in email, you upload it to the device via computer, then flash it to the car using on screen instructions.. It's actually pretty user friendly.. I'm running 93 tune with my sct in my 94/99 gt 4.6..

Sponsored at;

http://www.carsponsors.com/dap/a/?a=86212

1 - 8 of 8 Posts