Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have missed something while sifting through all the posts regarding underdrive pullies,but....If you wanted to find a performance underdrive pulley to swap out with the stock UDP:
1.Where do you shop around at to find one?
2.Is their a particular brand that performs(weighs less) than others?
3.Can you use a UDP from an earlier model pony(99+) or are they year/model specific?
4.If you change out the UDP then is their anything else that should be replaced to compliment the new pulley?
Seems that some users on the board think UDP's are pointless and what-not...but I wanted to ask anyways for sake of useful information.
Thanks for your input! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm NO expert but here is what I've learned so fare. UDPs are very year specific, 00+ needs a harmonic balancer, and I think there are two types of 00's out there. You will also need a new belt for the system.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are many places that actually sell UDP's for all years of mustangs. Many of our sponsors sell UDP's and they are all usually under the same price. Like what was said, They are pretty year specific so just make sure that you are sure that it fits your car. Some and or most of the pullies come with another belt, but if you have to spend a couple of bucks for a new one it is no big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts