Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i feel like a newbie asking questions like these, been in the v6 scene for 3 or 4 years, but here we go...

finding an h-pipe with cats is expensive as balls, and theres no way to make an h-pipe from my Y like you guys can, cheapest route is an offroad h-pipe

i know someones gonna jump the gun and be like "leave the cats on, youll lose power", and i know the dynamics of it all, but my main question is:

how crappy would a 3.8L sound if it had an offroad h-pipe on stock shorties and a GT takeoff?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Probably not bad really, the stock GT mufflers would keep it from being ricey and loud as heck.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
yeah, i think with the stock mufflers, keeping it quieter woudl keep it from sounding ricey... its when you get the o/r with the chambered mufflers that they sound ricey. IMO

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i figured

the only other issue is i cant find an o/r h-pipe in 2.25, only 2.5, and i dont wanna go that big on a stock 3.8, but i guess with the stock GT catback, it should be alright

i wanna put a 5-speed behind my 3.8L untill i can afford an all out 5.0, and the exhaust would have to come down, and id hate like hell to put that crappy crimp bent, 2" single exhaust back on the car, theres points like in the y-pipe where its almost as small as 1.75"!!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah, good old ford and making great mass quantity exhaust systems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts