Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nitrous kit on my 98 stang, and when I went to the 125 jettings I destroyed at least 1 of the Cats. Before i go to get it fixed I need to have a plan on what do.

I was thinking that since I have to pass emissions here once a year I could do electronic cut-outs. I know it would sound terrible, but I could bypass the mufflers/cats and save myself 300 dollars everytime I spray on new cats.

I was also thinking I could get an off-road X or H pipe. LASTLY I could just say screw the cats and have straight pipes to mufflers and then they have turn-downs. The problem with this though is emissions. When I went last year they just plugged it in (my car wasn't even running) and they said "okay you passed" after like five minutes. I was wondering if they would be able to tell that I no longer had cats.

So it's basically either cut-outs or cat-less exhaust. I need your guys' help and advice on what to do. I can get exhaust custom made - and money isn't an issue. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
just get the offroad x pipe and weld a couple of cat covers onto the pipe. the only way they check for cats is with that mirror when you drive in. the computer doesn't tell them either way. so if it looks like you have cats, then you should pass. just do a clean job welding on the cases or you're toast

1 - 2 of 2 Posts