Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently replaced my clutch like a week and a half ago with an excedy. Felt great and then today I was in fourth and was coming into traffic so I put it in neutral and started breaking but I realized there was something weird about the clutch, it felt softer and different. When I recently put it in my disengagement was like at the top and now it's like half and inch after I press down the clutch. Is this normal? I will lift it tomorw and see if maybe it's the cable thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It sounds like you just need to tighten up the clutch cable.From what you describe
engagement is high in the pedal.Some people have had to ad shims,to the cable adjuster to increase the amount of adjustment.Try gently adjusting the clutch cable,and
see if you feel any difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with mine! It was the cable. A lot of times it is from them getting stretched out! Try and adjust it and see what that does, either from under side which is main adjustment or under the hood

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same issue with mine! It was the cable. A lot of times it is from them getting stretched out! Try and adjust it and see what that does, either from under side which is main adjustment or under the hood
Alright thanks ill check it out when I'm out of work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts