Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the fog lights on the GT only come on with the key in the on position? My old Ranger used to turn them on when I unlocked the car and the "parking lights" came on. Any way to change this?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have actually never owned a car that the fogs worked any other way. Always switch on.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Low beans and high beams work with car off but I don't know if I have had a car that had fogs come on when off
My moms 2004 Sienna does. If you want to be rocking a Minivan :D.

But with that, my 2007 Tundra the fogs don't work unless the truck is on.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
My moms 2004 Sienna does. If you want to be rocking a Minivan :D.

But with that, my 2007 Tundra the fogs don't work unless the truck is on.
My truck can have the fogs on with no key in the ignition.... I can also pull the keys out of the ignition while the car is running lol, makes great for warming up my car in the morning, just turn it on and take the keys out then lock it lol.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
My truck can have the fogs on with no key in the ignition.... I can also pull the keys out of the ignition while the car is running lol, makes great for warming up my car in the morning, just turn it on and take the keys out then lock it lol.
sounds like something dodge would do! :p

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
A lot of chevys did it too. You could start the car with no key if you pulled it out in the on position.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Does anyone know why the fog lights on the GT only come on with the key in the on position? My old Ranger used to turn them on when I unlocked the car and the "parking lights" came on. Any way to change this?
Never had this problem. Mine only come on when I turn them on. My regular lights are the ones that are on in the on position.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I'm sure it's got something to do with it not being necessary to have the fog lights and headlights on while the car is off. Lol, just an observation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, but it used to be nice to have them as courtesy lights when you walk up to your car at night, my truck doesn't even have fog lights, but I thought that's how all fords were, guess not! Hmm... I may have to do a little research on that and also on how to keep the fogs on with your high beams! :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I don't see the big deal in the least lol.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I noticed this last week end when installing the yellow tint ... instead of a heat gun or hair dryer I just turned to fogs on for a couple of minutes .... worked perfectly ... but noticed that it had to be "on" ... and I asked the same question.

I am pretty sure my wife's Pilot doesn't do that. It's not an issue ... it just was not expected.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, so I'm not totally losing my mind here! It may be stupid but for the people who had that before its a nice feature.

·
Registered
280 Posts
On my old 1980 supra i could do the same. I also didnt even have to push in the clutch to start the car either.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Yeah, but it used to be nice to have them as courtesy lights when you walk up to your car at night, my truck doesn't even have fog lights, but I thought that's how all fords were, guess not! Hmm... I may have to do a little research on that and also on how to keep the fogs on with your high beams! :)
I too would like to knowhow to have highs with fogs. If you find out let me know

1 - 20 of 20 Posts