Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am ordering a mgw short throw so just wanted to know if I could install it in my apartment parking lot with basic tools or should I drive up to mgw and just have them install it?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You have to lift the car high enough to get to the right in the middle of the car and work there

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

There is a youtube video on this, my local shop will charge me 50$ to install

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya all I have are stands you can drive up on. Mgw says they will install for free so I guess it's worth the hour drive

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ramps, drive up from the front. Takes less than 2 hours, I enjoyed it. The inner boot is a bich tho. If u can get it free from the guys that built it, probably best.
Best mod I've done yet btw, you'll love it

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I have ramps but I couldn't think if it for some reason. My wait is around 3 weeks so I guess you gotta wait for quality

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I've only ever used ramps. No jacks stands and lift. I am also not a very big guy either. But I did look at the fact that I could easily do the shifter myself.

Pretty sure their shifted will be my next purchase :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I've been going back and forth between a shifter or getting a Mac prochamber, I decided for the shifter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Put mine in with 2 Jack stands and one Jack. Took about an hour and half. Super simple install. You should have no problems installing on ramps.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Redstang1 said:
I'm am ordering a mgw short throw so just wanted to know if I could install it in my apartment parking lot with basic tools or should I drive up to mgw and just have them install it?
I had better luck backing up on ramps and lifting Behind the front wheel a bit to get access

1 - 9 of 9 Posts