Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Installed a K & N CAI, but never disconnected the battery before install. Was this necessary? Should I disconnect now and then reconnect after a couple minutes? I'm wondering if it will make any difference at this point. Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey all,

Installed a K & N CAI, but never disconnected the battery before install. Was this necessary? Should I disconnect now and then reconnect after a couple minutes? I'm wondering if it will make any difference at this point. Thanks!
Do you have a tune to go with the cai? If so I believe the tuner will do what disconnecting the battery would do, just clears the stuff out.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Do you have a tune to go with the cai? If so I believe the tuner will do what disconnecting the battery would do, just clears the stuff out.
K&N is a no tune required CAI, the PCM can automatically recalibrate and compensate for that particular CAI, no idle relearn is necessary either so no need to disconnect the battery

·
Registered
72 Posts
What they all say, no need to do anything. I'm not sure how many miles of driving is required for your computer to adjust but it should not be a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts