Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a set of 4.10 gears that he bought for his 99 gt vert, which the car is now gone, question is are those gears the same as the ones for my 2011 v6?? If so i can buy them off him and have them install this weekend :)
Thanks in addvance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
OneBad3.7 said:
My buddy has a set of 4.10 gears that he bought for his 99 gt vert, which the car is now gone, question is are those gears the same as the ones for my 2011 v6?? If so i can buy them off him and have them install this weekend :)
Thanks in addvance
Is your 2011 v6 strictly a track car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir but i do want the 4.10s ive read all the reviews and everything and if i can get um ill be happier then a fat kid in a chocolate bath
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
OneBad3.7 said:
No sir but i do want the 4.10s ive read all the reviews and everything and if i can get um ill be happier then a fat kid in a chocolate bath
Well, I'm all about being happy as Joe Patterno in a all boys summer choir camp but respectfully have you thought of 3.73 gears. I have a 11 v6 and from my understanding unless our cars are going to be strictly a track car, one is freaking loco to put 4.10 gears in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i looked at those to but y not get the most i can, our low end suckssss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
OneBad3.7 said:
Yea i looked at those to but y not get the most i can, our low end suckssss
I agree our low end sucks. I currently have the stock 2.73 gears in mine. They suck. I'm going to get 3.73 gears eventually. From what I have been reading from other members, 410's are not a good gear for DD and highway driving, 410's are awful for that and I strongly recommend 3.73. Our cars will rock with 3.73 and still the highway rpm's will be low
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
The difference will be about 125 or so RPM in each gear honestly but the torque will come on much faster with the 4.10 and first gear will be a rocket but will spin out quick. Auto or Manual? If you are an auto I say go for the 4.10 and manual go with the 3.73.

If you do a ton of highway driving you will want the 3.73 too... The RPM up top will kill gas milage if you are highway driving the majority of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pwrby4d said:
The difference will be about 125 or so RPM in each gear honestly but the torque will come on much faster with the 4.10 and first gear will be a rocket but will spin out quick. Auto or Manual? If you are an auto I say go for the 4.10 and manual go with the 3.73.

If you do a ton of highway driving you will want the 3.73 too... The RPM up top will kill gas milage if you are highway driving the majority of the time.
Im automatic, dont do much highway other then a trip to phoenix every once in a while, with an auto and 4.10s when i shift will it chirp the tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
Well, I'm all about being happy as Joe Patterno in a all boys summer choir camp but respectfully have you thought of 3.73 gears. I have a 11 v6 and from my understanding unless our cars are going to be strictly a track car, one is freaking loco to put 4.10 gears in.
call me a ******* lunatic, I'm putting 4.10s in come february.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Im automatic, dont do much highway other then a trip to phoenix every once in a while, with an auto and 4.10s when i shift will it chirp the tires?
mine chirps. I have the stock 2.73 gears. The bama race tune has a lot to do with it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
alrefire said:
call me a ******* lunatic, I'm putting 4.10s in come february.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------



mine chirps. I have the stock 2.73 gears. The bama race tune has a lot to do with it though.
That's cool. Let me know how you like the 4.10's. I have a sct bama tuner and no chirping here. I'm using a 91 performance tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im gettin both, the tuner and 4.10s in a couple months :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir in in yuma
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,653 Posts
I was recently reading a post on the mustang source about a v6 2011 plus owner that had installed 3.73 gears onto and could not keep the tires from constantly spinning. This writer claims he has stock tires on his V6 premium and had 3.31 gears. He actually wrote that he has lost over 2 seconds in his 0-60 time because the 3.73 gears were to powerful for the cars stock tires. Has anyone had this same issue with there stock tires spinning by installing 3.73 gears on there 11 plus stang ? How about 3.55 gears?

I'm debating about putting 3.73 gears on my base 11 v6 and it currently has the stock Michelin P215 65R 17 tires. I also have an automatic if this makes a difference in tire spinning. Will 3.73 gears be to powerful on the current stock tire to keep the tires spinning when flooring it from a dead stop as 1/4 mile straight run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like a holy crap batman type differance or a aww this is sweet difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dam now i wanna order it nowwwww
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top