Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I resereved my spot wit kurgan motorsports and they are going to give me a nice tune and install a gear . But was wondering 373 or 410. I have a 6 speed manual

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well I resereved my spot wit kurgan motorsports and they are going to give me a nice tune and install a gear . But was wondering 373 or 410. I have a 6 speed manual
Badass man kurgan is a great shop and local for me. Get there early and you'll most Likely see some racecars on the dyno

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a DD. I probly wont do FI . im running stock tires [brembo package] ..man I heard Kurgan s the man.A good friend of mine told me to go there and my friend has a high performance shop Also so that means alot

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have 3.73's. as long as you don't highway drive to much they are perfect but at 80 the rpms are at the loudest possible point for the exhaust so drone is terrible.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have 3.73's. as long as you don't highway drive to much they are perfect but at 80 the rpms are at the loudest possible point for the exhaust so drone is terrible.
disagree. My car with 3.73 gears has always had worse drone at 60-65 than 80. 80 is far quieter.

this car seems to have the worst drone at 2K RPMs which hits in right about 60-65 on 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
828 Posts
disagree. My car with 3.73 gears has always had worse drone at 60-65 than 80. 80 is far quieter.

this car seems to have the worst drone at 2K RPMs which hits in right about 60-65 on 3.73 gears.
In 6th? I'm right around 2k rpm at 80. I have the 3.73 package from ford

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I know it's been about a month sense I've had my car in the highway so maybe I'm just not remember right

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DD, I'd say 3.73's. what gear do you have now?

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I have Roush AB u still think it will drone

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I know it's been about a month sense I've had my car in the highway so maybe I'm just not remember right
U sure I have 31s and that's where im at

·
Registered
828 Posts

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

It drones for me but you can hear the radio over it so its not bad even if it does. I have a xpipe and pypes super system with the mid mufflers taken out so drone is a given haha

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I'm probably way off like I said its been a good amount of time sense I've even had my car going that fast. Ill go out tomm to see.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

lol yes 6th...no 7th gear lol. :D. I have the 3.73 FRPP gears and 2K RPMS is somewhere between 60-65. 80 sits closer to like 2150. Maybe slightly higher. I drive the highway 80 mins a day 3-4 days a week. I drive it at 80, I promise you this is how it is.

Also When I had the Roush and O/R X that were droning really badly, I learned that the drone was at 2K and learned to just speed and drive 80 because 80 was quiet. Now that I have the Borla S-Types and no drone period at all it doesn't matter.

if you don't have an O/R X or H pipe the Roush really don't drone at all, don't even think twice about that. If your going to add an O/R X or H they will drone BAD at 2K RPMs. Then again a lot of muffler delete ones do. I switched to the Borla S-Types because the drone with the O/R X was so bad I had to scream to talk to the other person in the car.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

U sure I have 31s and that's where im at
From 3.31's to 3.73's you're not gonna feel too much of a difference. On paper it'll be faster and your fuel consumption will increase but 4.10's would be too harsh for a DD. Have you thought about 3.90's? I still think that's too much for highway driving but you'll notice the difference.

Eh, you'd probably be better off with the 3.73's.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
From 3.31's to 3.73's you're not gonna feel too much of a difference. On paper it'll be faster and your fuel consumption will increase but 4.10's would be too harsh for a DD. Have you thought about 3.90's? I still think that's too much for highway driving but you'll notice the difference.

Eh, you'd probably be better off with the 3.73's.
Disagree. I went 3.31 to 3.73 and it was a huge difference. Whole new car. Not a small change at all.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
3.73s no question. I went from 3.55s to 3.73s and love the change. Very noticeable. You'll love them. Good luck.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
3.73s no question. I went from 3.55s to 3.73s and love the change. Very noticeable. You'll love them. Good luck.
Dang I figured 3.55 to 3.73 would be even less of a difference vs. 3.31 to 3.73?

I guess I'm numb in the ass because I can't feel the difference. Lol

1 - 20 of 61 Posts