Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have money for one mode right now and can't decide between the steeda under drive pulley or the ford racing aluminum drive shaft.. Which would give me more gains? I know it won't be much but...

2001GT slow_2V

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Your car should already have an aluminum driveshaft. I'd spend the money on drivetrain mods like a set of lower control arms or a nice shifter if you have a manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Drive shaft I'd useless. Supposedly udp will free up a bit of horsepower in the drivetrain

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
328 Posts
My vote is the ds, the udp if u ever supercharge ur car u usually cant use them...my vote for u is this tho, unless ur ds is vibrating or something then dont do either and look elsewhere, the ds is nice to have but unless ur autocrossing or racing or something u wont get good use from it but they are nice to have if u ever work on ur car , and later down rd it will benifet u but atm id look for gears, shift kit (if auto)/jmod, tuner, good wheel/tire pkg, exhaust/x or hpipe, something u can use now

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have exhaust, tuner, tires275/50/15, plenum, throttle body. And for some reason my gears do great they still the stock ones , I've race kids with 4:10 and 3:73s and I usally take them by 1 or 2 cars so idk

2001GT slow_2V

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rear end gear!!!!! Best bang for the buck! Under drive pulleys are a waste of money

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
of course it depends on what you are looking for. better bang for your buck in horsepower, sure. gears and nitrous (or any boost for that matter) are two different things. if you are looking to take off and move around traffic more, nitrous would be a terrible idea lol. but gears wont do you much good if you wanna boost at high rpm.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Shifter no doubt... Steeda triax is a great product. Feels great and solid, not to mention shorter throws and you could add a cool knob.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I only have money for one mode right now and can't decide between the steeda under drive pulley or the ford racing aluminum drive shaft.. Which would give me more gains? I know it won't be much but..

2001GT slow_2V
underdrive pulleys little bit gain

driveshaft none

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What do the underdrive pulleys actually do? I heard they can really wear out the alternator ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
What do the underdrive pulleys actually do? I heard they can really wear out the alternator ?

they slow down the belt and take less hpower to turn the assesssorys.remember grade school math

no way to wear out anything faster,if anything make them last longer because they are not turning less

the driveshaft gives you no added hpower its more a safty and status thing

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
they slow down the belt and take less hpower to turn the assesssorys.remember grade school math

no way to wear out anything faster,if anything make them last longer because they are not turning less

the driveshaft gives you no added hpower its more a safty and status thing
in that Case I would imagine the most they free up is what like 5whp? Not worth the money imo

Driver mod can would be a lot better, these things can pull pretty good for there age if you know how to drive them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts