Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the quietest exhaust system avaliabe? I want something that i can run with a full exhaust system including long pipes but that it wont be a cop caller, as of now im looking only at axle back but i dont want to have to buy the same piece twice

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Gt500 axle backs would be your best bet. They are a very different tone compared to stock, but not much louder. Magnaflow makes a street muffler that is pretty low volume as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would i get the same gains than rest of the exhausts once my exhaust system is fully build? Or should i try to get the X pipe with the stock exhaust instead

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Villero1834 said:
Would i get the same gains than rest of the exhausts once my exhaust system is fully build? Or should i try to get the X pipe with the stock exhaust instead
Unless your wanting headers, just get an off road x with the stock axle back. That's about the only thing that will give you gains anyways. The over axle pipes and resonator pipes don't do much other than change the sound.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Borla touring. Supposed to give more free-flow but I have heard them and they sound basically stock. This is a great idea. I wanted to go this route, but don't plan the rest of my exhaust for about a year. Wanted a rumble-blap in the mean-time so didn't do it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Im going with the long tube headers and the mid catbacks,,and the rest stock,,that way ill have the power and be legall,,and keep it a sleeper car

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
axle backs really dont seem to do much of anything anyway do they? if not you can just leave it stock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts