Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dads 02 GT Mustang Steeda edition is dead :( he was driving around with an old friend and something made a loud pop. Turned it over over to Firestone. And some plug blew up into the engine and caused internal engine damage. Said it would just be cheaper just to buy a completely new engine.
Not sure what he will do with it yet.

Not going to lie kinda hopes he gives it to me... Put my engine in it and I'll keep it... That bad?

View attachment 70888

His is all the way on right mine is the black the silver is sold.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
RIP Steeda @}------\-----

Attachment no work :(

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Scream said:
My dads 02 GT Mustang Steeda edition is dead :( he was driving around with an old friend and something made a loud pop. Turned it over over to Firestone. And some plug blew up into the engine and caused internal engine damage. Said it would just be cheaper just to buy a completely new engine.
Not sure what he will do with it yet.

Not going to lie kinda hopes he gives it to me... Put my engine in it and I'll keep it... That bad?

His is all the way on right mine is the black the silver is sold.
I smell a reason for a coyote swap!!! :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking about taking it out and completely rebuilding it ourselves or turning it to the college and they will do all labor for free just have to supply the parts may. May take awile but he isint in any rush.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Scream said:
He's thinking bout buying an 03 Cobra engine supercharged and tranny for 8K
If he gets the engine tranny CPU and harness and everything to convert for 8k thats awesome

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2002VertGT said:
If he gets the engine tranny CPU and harness and everything to convert for 8k thats awesome
Just the great bridge to cross.... Mother.... Lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update!!!

Got a engine with 60k miles
Bought it from some guy from eBay the actually sold the mustang engine and sent a different one because they were to lazy to say they sold it so about 2weeks later they took it back!

So brand new engine 0 miles bored out pistons 100,000 mile warranty or 3 years!
Adding a steeda CAI, under drive pullys, BBK 78MM Throttle body, new clutch and thermostat, royal purple oil, and I think that's it haha hitting well over 300 HP

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Update!!!

Bought it from some guy from eBay the actually sold the mustang engine and sent a different one because they were to lazy to say they sold it so about 2weeks later they took it back!

Adding a steeda CAI, under drive pullys, BBK 78MM Throttle body, new clutch and thermostat, royal purple oil, and I think that's it haha hitting well over 300 HP
Oh And a steeda short throw shifter!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Update!!!

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Oh And a steeda short throw shifter!
Good deal, glad she's getting rebuilt

1 - 20 of 43 Posts