Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got my 00 gt the old owner gave me the tuner with it and I never bothered to use it because when I tuned the car it shifted weird and a code always popped up so I always kept it stock.. So recently I tried updating the tuner but it got locked so I had reset lost the old tunes. So I contacted AM and they sent me the old tunes after I fixed the tuner with sct. So after tuning my car a couple days went by and the the o/d light started flashing and it gave me this code P0781. Do you guys have any idea what could be happening?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Have you googled the code yet to know what it is?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
1-2 shift malfunction in auto

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Call bama directly. It'll be much faster and educated than waiting for help here.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Shift weird like too soon, erratic shifting ? Kinda explain it to me a little more details I may be able to help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sounds like the shift pressure in the tune is either too high or low. Does it go into gear hard ?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Did you mess with shifting on your tuner?

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Sounds like the shift pressure in the tune is either too high or low. Does it go into gear hard ?

+1 but I don't see that throwing a code. Who know tho lol

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Did you mess with shifting on your tuner?

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

+1 but I don't see that throwing a code. Who know tho lol
When I first got my tuner I was messing with things and I adjusted the pressure to make it shift harder. Well I guess I got the pressure too high and it keep throwing a code, now which one I can't remember. So once I adjusted it down some it went away. Another thing it might not be related to the tuner itself. About a year later I got a coupe trans codes and then it started acting up.

·
Super Moderator
17,886 Posts
Don't f**k with the line pressure. J-mod the trans and you won't need to do that and you'll also have a longer living trans even then a stocker. Look up "j-mod tccoa" on youtube for what I am talking about. Its not as scary as it looks. If you can change your oil and are not an idiot you can do the J-mod.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car picks up speed faster compared to it when it's in stock, and it also seems to get to higher rpms than usual before changing into second

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The car picks up speed faster compared to it when it's in stock, and it also seems to get to higher rpms than usual before changing into second
If this is when the tune is on the car then what your seeing is the shift points have been adjusted to shift higher then stock. But that still shouldn't give you a code. So if there a code only when you place the tune on the car ?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yup .. If I return it to stock the code goes away and doesn't appear
What I would do is call sct directly and tell them it's throwing the code after the tuner is installed on the car but goes away when it's back to stock and see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
17,886 Posts
This is a problem with the bama tune pure and simple. If they can't fix it demand a refund.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts