Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
If you're running a 91/93 octane tune and only have 89 or lower octane rating in the tank you're asking for problems. Although, I don't think it would trigger a check engine light. It's worth a shot though, definitely fill up with 91 or 93 next tank.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you're running a 91/93 octane tune and only have 89 or lower octane rating in the tank you're asking for problems. Although, I don't think it would trigger a check engine light. It's worth a shot though, definitely fill up with 91 or 93 next tank.

It didn't trigger a check engine the o/d off light started flashing the check engine light never came on I'm gonna try it tomorrow and see how she runs

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

It didn't trigger a check engine the o/d off light started flashing the check engine light never came on I'm gonna try it tomorrow and see how she runs

·
Super Moderator
17,883 Posts
If its having the issue with the race tune and not having the issue without, its the tune. You need a new tune or just run the stock tune. This is often what happens when you run a canned tune, especially from a shop that isn't an actual dyno tuner for local customers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If its having the issue with the race tune and not having the issue without, its the tune. You need a new tune or just run the stock tune. This is often what happens when you run a canned tune, especially from a shop that isn't an actual dyno tuner for local customers.

Thank ya

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Tangtang2.0, did you ever solve this problem? My 2000 gt does the exact same thing and I need to figure out what to do? I was told to change the transmission fluid and filter and it would solve the problem!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@Tangtang2.0, did you ever solve this problem? My 2000 gt does the exact same thing and I need to figure out what to do? I was told to change the transmission fluid and filter and it would solve the problem!

Who told you that? I haven't called bama I've been lazy about that haha but I was gonna call Monday for sure though

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know how reliable that information is but a guy from bama said to do that.. Which is why I asked if you figured out your problem yet?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
STORY

Hey, ya'll keep going with this story, it's good information.:thumb::cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Resurrecting this thread

Hello Mustang Evolution members!

New here and trying to find out what is the solution to this issue. I keep getting this codes P0781 and P0712 after 50 miles of driving with the new tune. American Muscle tuning department keep sending me new tunes but my 2000 GT keeps rejecting the tune. The first week the tune lasted about a week and then the code P0781 pop out and I put the car back to stock and after a week the code never came back. A week later AM sent another tune and this time only lasted 20 miles and the code pop out again. AM sent another tune and this time I got the P0712. Anyone here has resolve this issue? I started to wonder if my transmission lines are clogged because only in the summer the car loses power. Any help will be appreciate it.
Last summer I bought a remanufacture transmission and nothing change.

Thanks!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
Hello Mustang Evolution members!

New here and trying to find out what is the solution to this issue. I keep getting this codes P0781 and P0712 after 50 miles of driving with the new tune. American Muscle tuning department keep sending me new tunes but my 2000 GT keeps rejecting the tune. The first week the tune lasted about a week and then the code P0781 pop out and I put the car back to stock and after a week the code never came back. A week later AM sent another tune and this time only lasted 20 miles and the code pop out again. AM sent another tune and this time I got the P0712. Anyone here has resolve this issue? I started to wonder if my transmission lines are clogged because only in the summer the car loses power. Any help will be appreciate it.
Last summer I bought a remanufacture transmission and nothing change.

Thanks!
Really sounds like it's the tune AM is giving you that's the problem. I read that you flashed the stock tune back on and no codes came up, correct? MANY have had issues with tunes from AM. You might consider getting you tune from a different email tuner. I go mine from LasotaRacing.com, but there are others that do this very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your help! Correction: The last code was P0782 (which is 2-3 shifting points) but the car runs without the tune very crappy in the summer. In the winter or any day that is under the 50's the car sounds great and is pretty fast. I have no CEL as stock. My GT feels like is running with 4 cylinders on hot days only. Is this normal? I check the IAT and it reaches 140 while am stuck in traffic. How much power these cars lose during the summer? I used to live in Miami FL and I never had an issue like this with BMW's, Mitsubishi's, Mazda's and even a Mustang v6. So why this car with barely 80 degrees is running sluggish or heavy? I took the car to at least 12 shops and no one can find an issue. A new transmission was installed last year and it didn't resolve anything.

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts