Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning on the way to church, I was on a 2 lane road and noticed a late-80'd, early-90's Porsche a few cars ahead. When the road turned into a 4 lane, I started going through traffic to catch up to it to get a closer look, I noticed it was an older guy driving and when I got next to him, he sped up and so I got next to him again and he did it again. then i was like "ho ####, this old dude wants to race me!!!!" So i get up next to him at a red light, and as soon as it goes green we both fly off the line screaming. We took it to about 80-85 mph when we quit it, and got in the lane on the other side of me to turn, he honked and waved. I can't believe I stayed even with him the whole time, I was amazed at my car. I had a huge smile on my face for like the next 10 miles. Before you start hating: remember I was in MY car (the 64 1/2).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I remember once a friend of mine got to borrow his Scoutmaster's ( :shock: ) '79 911 Targa. We were headed out someplace, him with his GF in the car, and me with a friend of mine in the car, he had the top off and the windows down, and I had the windows down and SR open. Getting onto the freeway, he decided he wanted to have some fun, and nailed it. That bugger was FAST. I had to redline 1st, 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th (4th redlines at 124mph) just to stay CLOSE to him. I ended up hitting 132-ish, and he said he quit at 135. He was a good nearly 1/8 mile in front of me by the time I got him to slow down. :!:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like a fun little race. Last porsche I went up against left me about a mile behind... I think it was the GT2, and damn that mother fucker was the fastest car I've ever seen. He slowed at 80 when I caught up and then he looked over at me and gunned it again running two red lights in his path as he went out of my sight... :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts