put car in N
press brake all the way down
give gas to 3.5 Grand while pressing down
keep pressed down
put in D
give gas to 1.5-2.0 Grand (depending on mods) while brake is pressed
let off brake and floor it.

:badidea: :liar: :stupid:

Revving a car in N then dropping into drive is stupid.

Your best bet is probably to leave it in drive, and stomp it. Maybe hold the brake down (staying in D), and give it some gas, then let off the brake.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm what do ya think of puting the car in 1 when starting off. Then when reaching the redline shift to 2 and then D. What do ya think of this way?

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
just put in D hold gas til ur tires are about to spin (dont let them spin) then just let off brake and mash gas

·
Registered
69 Posts
don't forget to turn off the traction control and the overdrive, that is very important because when the is trans is ready to shift into overdrive it will and the pull will not be as strong. get the car retuned with the sct tuner and u will be amazed how much that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I never cut off my overdrive...doesn't shift into it until around 105 in my car...but when you're about to race or whatever, do what they call a brake stall, just don't spin the wheels. It picks up the back of your car...fun to do even when not racing. Light turns green, floor it...don't let off till you're ready to quit. Easiest way to do it

·
Registered
676 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
:badidea: :liar: :stupid:

Revving a car in N then dropping into drive is stupid.

Your best bet is probably to leave it in drive, and stomp it. Maybe hold the brake down (staying in D), and give it some gas, then let off the brake.
oh i left out the step where you let off the gas just so you can get the brake in further THEN put it into D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope i dont but wont be racing a whole lot just like to know i case theres a time you gota show someone up, who might have a honda so i call them 4 bangers.... lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Nice intsall...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah... I havnt raced him yet but I'm willing to race him. I'm sure he'll kick my ass but still i wana see how a stock v6 stang does againist it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The OD won't kick in at WOT until you are going quite fast

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
my o/d turns itself back on everytime i turn off the car, does urs lowflyn?
I never really cut it off...if I think about next time I'm in my car I'll try it and see lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts