Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Racing seats

14K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  McQueen 
#1 ·
I would like to know what racing seats under a $1k are the best, they must have the airbag harness as it is my dd driver? Did some research but corbeau seem to be the only one.

Done quiet a alot of new mods, pics will come this saturday. :)

#3 ·
I'm not aware of any aftermarket seats with an airbag. I think your only option is the FRPP ones. Since this is where you are putting your butt every time you are in the car & is a main safety item, I wouldn't skimp here. If it takes a while to save up for the better part, so be it. Just my $0.02.

#5 ·
Nothing under 1K will have air bags.

#7 ·
McQueen said:
I would like to know what racing seats under a $1k are the best, they must have the airbag harness as it is my dd driver? Did some research but corbeau seem to be the only one.

Done quiet a alot of new mods, pics will come this saturday. :)
You can disable the airbag stuff for the seat but there is no way any seat company is manufacturing a seat with an airbag in it. That would be logistical hell.

#9 ·
McQueen said:
Does it disable the side only or all the airbags in the car??
There are ways to disable the side only but you had better consult your insurance company before you do anything else. They could easily declare your insurance invalid in a crash if you have disabled a safety system. Always check with your insurance company before modifying anything safety related.

#12 ·
Having a roll cage and 5 point harness for street driving doesn't make your car safer for the street only for the track. In an accident your risking hitting your head against your roll cage, and a 5 point harness will limit movement and visibility while changing lanes and reversing. I only use my harness when at the track (road racing). If you are looking for a 5piont for racing try and look for harness that has anti submarining features such as the ones Scrotch has.

Good luck!

#11 ·
McQueen said:
I will also get a roll cage and a 5 point seat belt with the frpp rear seat delete, wouldnt all that make it safer than stock with airbags.
I will give them a call and hope for the best.
I wouldn't bet on anything. Imo, it would be safer. But the laws rarely bend to common sense. They will bend for money though. They may simply up charge you for the aftermarket seats.

#13 ·
I don't claim to be a scientist, and not to be completely morbid, but a 5 point harness with no hans device type setup would probably make your neck more prone to snapping in the case of an accident on the street where at least there is a little give with a regular seat belt. The difference probably isn't much but still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.