Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Are radar detectors worth it? What is the best one for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Registered
I had one and LOVED it. It'd pick cops up from waaayys away and as soon as I lost it, tickets left and right. That radar kept me from being a cop magnet and made me watch my speed more. I have a tendency to enjoy my car too much. Personal problem, but if you like to have fun, radars can save your ***.

Registered

Super Moderator
they CAN save you but they don't work on laser (yeah, they lie on the box/ads). The only correction I'll make is JK's post I assume he meant many...I'd change that to illegal in a few. I have a 20 YO one I don't use anymore.

Registered
The cops in my town don't use lasers often, most of them (hilariously) aren't even equipped with them. Props of living in a small town. So radars do me A LOT of good, since lasers aren't regularly used.

Registered
There are only two localities where radar detectors are illegal; Virginia and Washington DC.

I am a fairly aggressive driver and I am regularly 10 to 15 mph over the speed limit. I have had a detector in every car I have owned since 1975 and have never been pulled over from a radar clocking and have been saved 100s of times.

I would not be without a detector considering 1 speeding ticket in my state can cost you $1000 if you include the ticket, surcharge on your insurance and lost good driver points on your insurance.

Laser on the other hand is all most impossible to detect in time to slow down. By the time your detector goes off for laser you have already been caught. Thankfully only the state police use it on hiways in my state.

Registered
There are only two localities where radar detectors are illegal; Virginia and Washington DC.

I am a fairly aggressive driver and I am regularly 10 to 15 mph over the speed limit. I have had a detector in every car I have owned since 1975 and have never been pulled over from a radar clocking and have been saved 100s of times.

I would not be without a detector considering 1 speeding ticket in my state can cost you $1000 if you include the ticket, surcharge on your insurance and lost good driver points on your insurance.

Laser on the other hand is all most impossible to detect in time to slow down. By the time your detector goes off for laser you have already been caught. Thankfully only the state police use it on hiways in my state.
:thumb:

Registered

Who is going to catch you, or look for you, in Alaska?

Registered
Thank You, didn't realize my profile had Alaska, I have updated it to where I do live, Massachusetts.
In that case, I'm not going anywhere close to Mass if I can help it. It sounds like the government there views citizens as nothing more than a profit margin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts