Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im changing my radiator this week, I already purchased it... and i thought it might be a good idea to also replace the fan? I drive a 2000 v6.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
So im changing my radiator this week, I already purchased it... and i thought it might be a good idea to also replace the fan? I drive a 2000 v6.

What do you guys think?
I always replace everything with new parts thats related to anything else im replacing. I would at least get a new motorcraft fan assembly, or even look into a higher performance aftermarket fan assembly.

·
Registered
142 Posts

What do you guys think?
I wouldn't waste my money on doing something like that. I have never replaced a cooling fan while replacing a radiator or anything in the cooling system. The only time I ever replaced on was when the fan clutch froze up on my truck.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I wouldn't waste my money on doing something like that. I have never replaced a cooling fan while replacing a radiator or anything in the cooling system. The only time I ever replaced on was when the fan clutch froze up on my truck.
True, if its working fine then your ok. I tend to just replace everything anyway. If I can afford to then I see no reason not to. I am taking a different route with my mustang than most though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, if its working fine then your ok. I tend to just replace everything anyway. If I can afford to then I see no reason not to. I am taking a different route with my mustang than most though.
Same here, I believe my fan is working fine. But with the car being 12-13 years old, I figure why not change the fan if im also replacing the radiator.

Im looking at one on AM right now, ill probably purchase it this week. Easy installation?

Mustang Radiator Cooling Fan Assembly (99-02 V6) - Free Shipping!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts